My Name is Asher Lev
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
My Name is Asher Lev Information
Show Quick Facts
- My Name is Asher Lev is one of the best Off-Broadway shows of the year, currently performing at the Westside Theatre.
- The play's cast is made up of just three members, the highly praised Mark Nelson, Ari Brand and Ilana Levine.
- Buy Asher Lev show tickets online to ensure the lowest possible price and the best seat in the house!
November, 28, 2012 - September 1, 2013
Tue. 7pm, Wed. 2pm & 7pm, Thu.-Fri. 8pm, Sat.t 2pm & 8pm, Sun. 3pm
407 W 43rd St
New York, New York 10036
42 St - Port Authority Bus Terminal (A, C, E) Times Sq - 42 St (7, 7X) Times Sq - 42 St (1, 2, 3, N, Q, R)
All ages are welcome.
Tickets can be bought online or through the box office.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
5.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
My Name is Asher Lev Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
My Name is Asher Lev
Do you agree? Write your own review!
"One of the best plays of the year" - Huffington Post
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: My Name is Asher Lev was based on Chaim Potok's best selling novel about a boy prodigy living in Brooklyn who is determined to be a painter, despite the wishes of his family, community and the Jewish culture that raised him. This is one of the most critically acclaimed Off-Broadway shows of it's time!
Why We Go: My Name is Asher Lev is playing at the Westside Theatre, and everyone is making it a top priority this season. New York Magazine says "you should see it, your children should see it, everyone should see it!"
- Powerful Story: The timeless story is moving, passionate and thoughtful. Asher Lev is a boy who goes against the will of everyone in his life to follow his dreams and lead the life he knows he was born to live. The powerful theme of this play will touch the hearts of everyone in the audience and inspires people to follow their passion no matter what.
- Wonderful Acting: This production of My Name is Asher Lev follows a sold-out run at the Tony Award-winning Long Wharf Theatre. The entire play is performed by a cast of three, and they stir up more of an emotions than a cast of three hundred.
- No Bad Seats: In addition to all the positive aspects of the play itself, the Westside Theatre is one that many people enjoy for its cozy, intimate and inviting atmosphere. There are almost no bad seats in the house!
Inside Knowledge: My Name is Asher Lev has received tons of positive feedback from start to finish from critics. In fact, the Huffington Post called the ending "the perfect grace note for what is clearly one of the best shows of the year." The New York Daily News calls it a "touching coming of age story wrapped in a beautiful production." And they are hardly the only ones praising Asher Lev The Play.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Expect a Touching Story: A young boy who goes against his parent's wishes to follow his dreams may not seem like an uncommon theme, but this well written play is packed with touching moments and inspirational acts.
- Do Come Prepared: The play is 90 minutes long with no intermission. Have a pre-theatre meal at a restaurant nearby and stop in the bathroom on the way in, because you're not going to want to miss a second of this play once it starts.
- Don't Wait to Get Tickets: You can find Asher Lev show tickets online, guaranteeing a seat to your performance of choice! Don't risk missing out on one of the best Off-Broadway shows of the year.
- Don't Come Hungry: There are plenty of delicious restaurants near the Westside Theatre to enjoy a meal before, or after, the play. Amy's Bread has great sandwiches, Sushi of Gari 46 is your go-to for Japanese, Pio Pio 9 serves Peruvian food and Becco is a famous Italian restaurant. All four choices are just a short walk from the theatre!