Mystery of Edwin Drood
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Mystery of Edwin Drood Information
Show Quick Facts
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood is based on Charles Dickens' unfinished name, which not-so-mysteriously goes by the same name.
- This musical opens on Broadway at Studio 54 on November 13, but previews start October 19.
- Chita Rivera, the Broadway legend, is starring in the Mystery of Edwin Drood, so obviously this is one of the Broadway shows that you aren't going to want to miss this season!
Oct. 2012 - Feb. 2013
Studio 54 - NY
254 W 54th St
New York City, New York 10019
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Mystery of Edwin Drood Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Mystery of Edwin Drood
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Help solve the Mystery of Edwin Drood the way you think Charles Dickens would have finished it!
Features: The Mystery of Edwin Drood is playing this season at Studio 54, starring Chita Rivera and Stephanie J. Block. The unfinished novel by Charles Dicken's is being finished by the audience every night! Who do you think actually killed Edwin Drood?
Why We Go: Everyone loves a Charles Dickens classic, especially when they get to be a part of finishing the story themselves!
- Unique Experience Every Time: Since it's up to the audience to solve the Mystery of Edwin Drood, there's no telling what the conclusion will be. Every show ends a little differently!
- Fun Theater Experience: While the show is fun because of the audience of participation, the theater itself is a pleasure to be in. The architecture and history in this building make seeing shows on Broadway all the more enjoyable. Studio 54 is a charming, smaller theater in NYC.
- Tony "Triple Crown" Winner: Last time The Mystery of Edwin Drood was on Broadway, it took home three Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Book (shocker since it was unfinished...) and Best Score.
Inside Knowledge: This musical first debuted in the annual New York Shakespeare Festival in 1985 before it made its way to Broadway, where it stayed on the stage for 2 years and then went on two national tours!
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Participate: Don't miss out on any chance for fun with this show, and since you get to be part of finishing the story and deciding the murderer, be sure to get involved with the accusations!
- Do Buy Tickets Online: This is one of the Broadway shows that's going to get a lot of full houses, so be sure to buy your discounted Broadway tickets to get a sweet deal and ensure your spot in the theater on the night you plan to go!
- Don't Overlook the Architecture: The Studio 54 Theater is a building in NYC that's full of history and has great architecture and design going for it! Seeing a Broadway show is one of the best things to do in NYC, but with this one you get the added bonus of being in a historic and beautiful building while you're there!
- Don't Expect a Holiday Show: Definitely see the show while you're in NYC for Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving or just because, but they won't be putting on a performance on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day, so plan to see the show on a different day of your trip!