New York City Tap Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near New York City Tap Festival
Restaurants near New York City Tap Festival
New York City Tap Festival Summary
Event Overview: Tap City Festival is an annual event held in Manhattan that celebrates the art of tap dancing. It is held every July somewhere in Manhattan, with the specific location changing each year. NY Tap Festival is a week-long event that encourages people, beginners and advanced dancers alike, to learn more about tap dancing and how they can improve their skills.
What to Expect: Tap City Festival celebrates the art of tap dance and offers lessons and lectures that even advanced tap dancers will learn something from.
- Master Classes: The Tap City Festival master classes pair you with a professional choreographer in order for you to learn a specific dance or set of moves. There are a variety of master classes available for varying skill levels, and are one of the best ways to take advantage of the talent that is brought to Manhattan by the NYC Tap Festival.
- Pre-Professional Program: A teens program, which can be entered via video audition, gives young dancers a chance to show their talent off to the city at the end of the Tap City Festival's week of classes and training.
- Youth Program: Parents who would like to get their kids involved in the art of tap dancing have the option to enroll their children in a youth program. This youth program is for intermediate to advanced young dancers who will get a chance to dance on Broadway.
Inside Knowledge: The Tap City Festival first began in 2001. It has changed locations throughout the years, although final performances from the end of the week-long classes usually ends up on Broadway.
- Reserve Your Classes Early: A lot of classes during the Tap City Festival, especially the master classes, will sell out fast. If you want in on a specific class, then book early and book fast.
- Bring Students: If you are a dance teacher, then bringing students to this event with you can give you big discounts on master classes.
- Invite Your Friends: The end-of-week performances that usually take place on Broadway are a spectacle you will want your friends to see - especially if you are in the show too.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
New York City Tap Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
New York City Tap Festival
Jul 06,2013 - Jul 13,2013
$67 - $775
New York City Tap Festival celebrates the art of tap dancing
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- An annual tap dance festival in New York City
- NY Tap Festival first began in 2001
- Location of NYC Tap Festival varies each year