New York Fashion Week
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
New York Fashion Week Summary
Event Overview: New York Fashion Week is sponsored by Mercedes-Benz and occurs twice each year, once in February and again in September. Located in Lincoln Center, NY Fashion week is where designers show their latest fashion collections, but putting on shows. The fall fashion is shown during the winter shows and the spring collections are shown in the fall shows, to allow media and buyers to see the upcoming trends. NYC Fashion Week shows are invite-only events, and invited guests attend for free.
What to Expect: NY Fashion Week is a highly desired event for buyers, editors and fashion-forward social figures to attend and all fashion-week shows are invite-only, making the guest-list very exclusive.
- Celebrities: NYC Fashion Week is always a star-studded NYC event, so if you're so lucky to be invited to any of these shows, be on the look-out for fashion-hungry actors, models, public figures, music artists and socialites.
- Assertive Journalists: Because designers are in charge of making their own guest lists for each NYC Fashion Week show, media press and editors must have approved authorization to attend the shows prior to the event, but it's guaranteed that many uninvited guests will show up, so arriving early is the best way to avoid the unwelcome crowds.
Inside Knowledge: Mercedes-Benz NY Fashion Week may be the most well-known of the New York Fashion Week events but it's not the only one. Other fashion weeks take place during the same times, with various designers participating in each location. Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week was formed by the Council of Fashion Designers of America in 1993 and the organization is now 7th on Sixth. Shows were traditionally held at Bryant Park, but in September of 2010 the location changed to Lincoln Center.
- Sneak A Peek of Who's Who: Arrive early to NY Fashion Week shows and take a look around the audience to see who is there to support each designer. See how the editors react, which celebrities attend, and watch as photographers snap photos that will appear in magazines, newspapers and online publications. The environment is as exciting as the actual event.
- Live in the Moment: Take in the shows as you witness them. Not only are the new fashion designs exciting to see as they're worn down the runway, but they are presented with flashy lights in changing colors and bold musical backgrounds, creating captivating themes to go along with each collection.
- Plan your Transportation Route: NY Fashion Week draws immense crowds and each form of transportation has specific entrances and drop off-locations. Be sure to plan ahead for your subway route to 66th Street/Lincoln Center Station, your bus route to Rose Hall, or to be dropped off at the Roslyn and Elliot Jaffe Family Drive, which is a weather protected entrance.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
New York Fashion Week Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
New York Fashion Week
Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week
33 W 60th Street
New York, US
Sep 05,2013 - Sep 12,2013
Watch the Hottest New Fashion Trends Appear on the Runway for the First Time at New York Fashion Show in Lincoln Center
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Fashion Week NYC was held at Bryant Center from 1993-February 2010 and the location changed to Lincoln Center in September 2010.
- Currently sponsored by Mercedes-Benz, this is the most well known event of all Fashion Week events.
- Fashion Week NYC is a bi-yearly annual event every February and September.
66th Street/Lincoln Center Station; 1, A, B, C, D service to the 59th Street/Columbus Circle