New York Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
Restaurants near the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
New York Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: NY Film Festival is an annual event that celebrates the best in new cinema around the world. It is managed each year by the Film Society of Lincoln Center, which hosts frequent screenings of new and classic films at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts throughout the year. The NYC film festival showcases independent films, short films, foreign films, and headlining movies from renowned directors.
What to Expect: The NYC Film Festival is over two weeks long and features a large number of films ranging from independent films, foreign films, and feature films.
- Cheap or Expensive: The NY Film Festival can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. The cost to attend film screenings ranges from $7 to $25, with the most expensive screenings being highly publicized feature presentations. In 2010, the big films at the Film Festival NYC included 'Social Network', 'The Tempest', and 'Hereafter'.
- Film Fans from Everywhere: Film Festival NYC is host to movie fans, students, and professionals in the film industry from all over the world. You can see many of the best actors, directors, and writers from Hollywood and outside of the USA in attendance.
- Long Running: The NY Film Festival has been hosted annually since 1963. It is one of New York's longest running and most popular film festivals.
Inside Knowledge: The New York Film Festival first began in 1963. It is a non-competitive film festival, meaning it is just a showcase of works from artists all around the world.
- Order Tickets for Screenings Ahead of Time: The most popular shows for the NY Film Festival will sell out. Count on that. Do not wait on ordering your tickets once the screening schedule is out or you may miss out.
- Put Your Networking Skills to Work: With so many professionals from the film industry in attendance for the NY Film Festival, do not waste your opportunity. Get to know some of them and make some connections, but don't pester them with questions about getting hired. Be good about it.
- See the Biggest Films: You won't find a better screening for the headlining films except for their premiere location. Take advantage of having an audience that truly appreciates movies and get a ticket for the biggest film screenings.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
New York Film Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
New York Film Festival
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
70 Lincoln Center Plz
New York, US
Sep 27,2013 - Oct 13,2013
$7 - $25
The New York Film Festival is one of New York's longest running showcases of movies
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- New York Film Festival is held annually at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
- The first NY Film Festival was in 1963.
- The festival features films from all around the world.
66th St (1); 59th St-Columbus Circle (1, A, C, B, D)