NY Knicks Past Roster - Can You Guess the Year?
|#1: — Amare Stoudemire ||Center/Forward || ||#2: — Raymond Felton ||Guard|
|#3: — Shawne Williams ||Forward || ||#4: — Anthony Randolph ||Forward|
|#5: — Bill Walker ||Guard/Forward || ||#6: — Landry Fields ||Guard|
|#7: — Kelenna Azubuike ||Guard/Forward || ||#8: — Danilo Gallinari ||Forward|
|#11: — Andy Rautins ||Guard || ||#14: — Ronny Turiaf ||Forward|
|#18: — Roger Mason, Jr ||Guard || ||#21: — Wilson Chandler ||Forward|
|#23: — Toney Douglas ||Guard || ||#25: — Timofey Mozgov ||Center|
|#34: — Eddy Curry ||Center || ||Mike D'Antoni ||Head Coach|
About the New York Knicks
The New York Knicks
The NY Knicks are one of the most popular teams in the history of the NBA. Despite recent disappointments, the Knicks are as huge in Midtown Manhattan as ever, and their recent upswing is all the talk of the Big Apple.
One of just two teams in the NBA that are still located in their original city - the rival Boston Celtics are the other - the NY Knicks have a passionate following that is extremely knowledgable of the great game of basketball. Despite winning only two NBA championships in their history - 1970 and 1973 - the NY Knicks continue to sell out Madison Square Garden nearly every night, making it extremely important that fans get their NY Knicks tickets well in advance.
The NY Knicks have sent a number of players to the Basketball Hall of Fame, including two-time NBA Finals MVP Willis Reed, the legendary Walt Frazier, and one of the best all-time centers, Patrick Ewing. See future NY basketball legends at MSG when you purchase NY Knicks tickets.
What You Need To Know
If you plan on visiting a NY Knicks game at Madison Square Garden during your next visit to NYC, there are some things you need to know before you enter the hallowed ground of MSG.
The New York Knicks make a free throw!
- Best NY Knicks Seats: Unless you know somebody in NYC with connections to the New York Knicks - and we mean really know - you won't find yourself sitting courtside at MSG anytime soon. Luckily, the historic Madison Square Garden features notoriously great sightlines all around the arena. No matter where you end up at MSG, you'll find yourself with a great view of the action on the hardwood.
- Don't Expect Gimmicks: NYC is the mecca of basketball, which means NY Knicks fans really know their basketball. This isn't Oklahoma City or Toronto. (Sorry, Kevin Durant - we mean no disrespect.) This means that MSG skips the goofy sideshows during every timeout, there's no state-of-the-art jumbotron, and rarely does it take stock PA music to get a "Let's Go Knicks!" chant started. Expect a stripped-down basketball experience for the true fans at a NY Knicks game at MSG.
- Avoid Smack Talk: This is just common sense. If you find yourself lucky enough to visit Madison Square Garden when you're favorite team is in town, keep the trash talk with surrounding NY Knicks fans to a minimum. After all, this is NYC, and these fans really love their Knicks.
Hotels Near Madison Square Garden
For your convenience, there are plenty of hotels near MSG pefect for when you travel to NYC to see the NY Knicks. Check out the hotels near MSG below, or visit the comprehensive list of Madison Square Garden hotels on NYCTourist.
- Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden: Located just minutes from MSG, this NY hotel offers affordable NYC hotel rates, and is mere steps from the legendary Pizza Suprema NYC.
- Hampton Inn MSG: The Hampton Inn Madison Square Garden offers a number of complimentary amenities near MSG - home of the NY Knicks - such as free continental breakfast and complimentary wifi.
Bars Near Madison Square Garden
Get in the spirit for the NY Knicks game - or hopefully enjoy a post-game celebration - at one of several NY bars near Madison Square Garden. Some of the best sports bars in NYC are mere steps from "The Most Famous Arena in the World."
- Harrington's NYC: Harrington's Bar and Grill New York near MSG is just a half-block from Madison Square Garden, and offers all your favorite Irish brews and pub fare to get the party started for before the game.
- Stout New York City: Another famous Irish bar near MSG, Stout NYC features a huge NY beer menu that includes over 15 draught beers on tap from around the world.