New Yorker Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
New Yorker Festival Summary
Event Overview: Enjoy thoughtful commentary on everything from music to politics, to sports and economics, from some of the leadings minds in the world at the annual New Yorker Festival. Featuring a number of different panels, discussions and performances spread throughout NYC, the New Yorker Festival gives audiences an exclusive seat for intellectually stimulating discussions between New Yorker Magazine contributors and famous guests.
What to Expect: The New Yorker Festival has something for everyone, whether you're an art enthusiast, a fan of Saturday Night Live, or deeply interested in contemporary economics. NY theaters hosting discussions and panels at the New Yorker Festival include the SVA Theater and the Directors Guild Theater.
- Great Authors: The New Yorker Magazine is famous for featuring some of the most talented authors in each of its weekly issues. Authors at the New Yorker Festival have included Malcolm Gladwell speaking on the history of economics in sports, Stephen King explaining the vampire phenomena, and other award-winning writers like Junot Diaz and Dave Eggers.
- Thoughful Debate: Many panels and discussions at the New Yorker Festival feature celebrities displaying a different side of themselves than people are use to. The 2010 NY Festival included Sex and the City stars discussing gay marriage, and The Office star Steve Carrell explaining his on-screen persona.
Inside Knowledge: Many of the popular New Yorker Festival events are so exclusive that they sell out within minutes of going on sale. If you're hoping to attend any of the New Yorker Festival panels or discussions, we recommend buying your tickets as quickly as possible.
- Bring an Open Mind: Be prepared to hear some interesting viewpoints at the New Yorker Festival in NYC. We recommend bringing an open mind to each of these lively discussions.
- Come With Questions: Many of the NY Festival events feature a Q & A session where the audience can ask the guest thought-provoking questions. Bring questions ahead of time, or even take notes while you're there to make sure you have your question ready to go.
- Arrive Early: Most tickets at the New Yorker Festival are general admission. Arrive to the theater early to ensure you get the best seat in the house.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
New Yorker Festival Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
New Yorker Festival
Oct 04,2013 - Oct 06,2013
$25 - $300
Authors, Artists and Academics Come Together at the Annual New Yorker Festival
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The New Yorker Festival has featured some of the most acclaimed writers in the world, including Malcolm Gladwell, Stephen King and Dave Eggers.
- The 2010 NY Festival hosted a panel of Saturday Night Live cast members discussing the famous skit show on NBC.
- Online tickets to some of the New Yorker Festival events sell out minutes after they go on sale, however walk-up tickets can be purchased within days of the events.
- In 2010, the New Yorker Festival hosted high-profile celebrities like Justin Timberlake and Steve Carrell.