*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Show Quick Facts
- Disney's Newsies is playing at Nederlander Theater. This is a show that the whole family is going to want to see together!
- Newsies is directed by Tony nominee, Jeff Calhoun.
- Enjoy all the energetic and athletic performances which were choreographed by Tony nominee, Christopher Gattelli.
March 29, 2012 - Ongoing
208 W. 41st Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Catch Disney's Newsies The Musical on Broadway on your next trip!
Features: Disney's Newsies The Musical is on Broadway is set in New york City during the Newsboy Strike of 1899. Lead character, Jack Kelley is a newsboy who's dreaming of a better life, and during a time of hardship, he finds reason to fight for a cause he believes in, rallying newsboy troops into a strike against the most powerful newspaper publishers of the time. The whole family will enjoy rooting for Jack in this heart-warming, upbeat musical.
Why We Go: The Broadway Newsies Musical is entertaining for all ages, and if you liked the movie, you'll love the live production! If you haven't seen the movie, even more reason to experience Disney's Newsies The Musical on Broadway!
- Family Friendly: When travelling with the kids, family-friendly Broadway shows are a must for the full NYC entertainment experience. Kids and adults will fall in love with the Newsies Cast as they woo all ages with catchy up-beat songs.
- Story-Line: Who doesn't like to root for an underdog? Disey's Newsies the Musical stars Jeremy Jordan as Jack Kelley, a feisty newsboy fighting for what he believes in, against the big-wig news companies. All ages will related to this character and easily fall into this inspiring story-line.
- Exceptional Song and Dance: The Newsies cast works hard to provide top-notch Broadway entertainment to all show-goers. The impressive Newsies choreography provides some of the best dancing on Broadway to date. The songs are catchy, and if you've seen the movie or musical before, you'll likely be singing along the second time around.
Inside Knowledge: 8-time Academy Award winner Alan Menken created the score for the music in the Newsies Broadway Musical.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do See the Movie Too: The Newsies Musical on Broadway is based on the 1992 film, starring Christian Bale as Jack Kelley. The movie and live musical are completely different experiences, but we're sure if you like one you'll enjoy the other.
- Do Know the History: Although all of the Newsies characters may not have been actual people, the story is based on true events, and the character Jack Kelley is based on Kid Blink who led runaway and orphan newsboys against powerful newspaper publishers at the turn of the century.
- Don't Delay: Whether you want to see a matinee or night showing of the Newsies Musical, we urge you to get tickets ahead of time. This popular Broadway musical generally sells out, especially since it's only playing for a limited time.
- Don't Leave the Kids Out: This is a feel-good show on Broadway for people of all ages. There is no foul language and there's nothing more than sensual than a simple kiss, so it's the perfect musical for the whole family to enjoy together.