March Events in NYC
The month of March is one of the best times to travel to New York City. With every March in NYC comes the first warm days of Spring, and there are a number of great March events in NYC to enjoy. Whether you're a sports fan traveling to NYC for the Big East Tournament, or an art enthusiast visiting Manhattan for the NY Art Expo, there's a great NYC event in March you're sure to love.
Family Friendly March NYC Events
There's nothing quite like the spectacle that is the Ringling Brothers Circus Walk to Madison Square Garden.
If you're traveling in NYC with your family, there are plenty of great family friendly March events in NYC to enjoy. The NYC events calendar is filled with a number of great NY events for kids, making March in NYC an excellent time to introduce your kids to the Big Apple.
- NYC Circus Walk: Though it likely takes place well past your child's bed time, there's nothing quite like the spectacle that is the Ringling Brothers Circus Walk to Madison Square Garden. Beginning at midnight, the Circus Walk features the unusual sight of elephants, horses and ponies traveling through the Queens Midtown Tunnel into MSG. Get an up-close look at real wildlife walking through the concrete jungle at this family friendly NYC event.
- Children's Film Festival: This international film festival in NYC is the largest in the country directed at kids ages 3- 18. Attracting over 20,000 people every year, young film fans in NYC are given the opportunity to meet famous directors and vote on their favorite movies in NYC.
March NYC Events for the Arts
Featuring more than 1,000 art exhibitors from around the globe, the NY International Art Expo in Manhattan is a great place to buy an original piece of art in NYC.
March in NYC is home to several great NY art events sure to inspire art enthusiasts in the Big Apple. Whether you're looking to purchase a new addition for your home, or just hoping to take in interesting pieces from the some of the best artists in New York, there's a NY art event for you. Get Spring fever in NY with the popular Macy's Flower Show featuring the best floral pieces in NYC, or check out the annual NY Peace Film Festival for some of the most powerful new movies in NYC.
- NY International Art Expo: This huge NY trade show has been the world's largest art expo for over 30 years. Featuring more than 1,000 art exhibitors from around the globe, the NY International Art Expo in Manhattan is a great place to buy an original piece of art in NYC.
- The Armory Show NYC: This famous NY art show has been shocking audiences and moving the world of art forward for nearly 100 years. Regarded as one of the most important art shows in the world, the NYC Armory Show attracts big names to this annual event every March in NYC.
March Sports Events in NYC
With March Madness gearing up, Madison Square Garden is the place to be for NY sporting events. With the NY Rangers and NY Knicks making their playoff push, as well as the thrilling Big East Tournament at MSG, March is one of the most exciting months of the year to be a sports fan in New York.
- Big East Tournament: The annual Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden is arguably the most exciting college basketball conference tournament. With 16 teams competing for one automatic bid to the NCAA Basketball Championship, the stakes are incredibly high during this five day tournament featuring some of the best basketball teams in the country.
- USA Memory Championship: While not your typical NYC sporting event, the USA Memory Championship puts some of the best memories in the country in a head-to-head battle of wits.
St. Patrick's Day NYC Events
New York City's St. Patrick's Day Parade
St. Patrick's Day in NYC is one of the most festive days of the year. For one day every year, New Yorkers celebrate this popular Irish holiday with a giant NY parade featuring thousands of bag-pipers and dozens of fun floats.
- St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC: This popular NYC parade attracts more than 2 million people every year. Traveling more than 1.5 miles down Fifth Avenue, the St. Patrick's Day Parade in NYC is a one of the biggest and oldest parades in the world.
- New York Seaport Irish Stroll: This annual NYC pub crawl takes place the weekend before St. Patrick's Day, and features discounted prices to more than 15 different bars in New York's Financial District. Get a head start on the St. Patrick's festivities while you enjoy the beautiful NY seaport scenery at this popular NYC bar crawl.
For the complete list of March events in NYC, check out the NYCTourist events calendar and find the perfect NY event for you.