September Events NYC
September is one of the most beautiful times of the year to vacation in New York City. The final month of Summer in NYC brings with it pleasant temperatures, and some of the best NYC events all year. With so many outdoor events in NYC to choose from, September in NYC is one of the last months of the year to enjoy a little sun in New York City. Scroll below for the best September NYC events to choose from!
NYC Festivals in September
While Labor Day is the unofficial end of Summer in NYC, it also marks the beginning of the fair season in New York City. Enjoy a local county fair in NYC, or check out one of the popular New York festivals in September during your next vacation in NY.
The Feast of San Gennaro is a popular NYC tourist attraction that has taken place each year since 1926
- Richmond County Fair: This Labor Day tradition in NYC has taken place each year at Staten Island for the last 30 years. With all the signature small town fair events you would expect - including amusement rides, pie-eating contests and three-legged races - this NYC fair is a cheap family-friendly event in September.
- Feast of San Gennaro: This annual NYC festival in the Little Italy District of Manhattan is as much a celebration of religion as it is authentic Italian food. The Feast of San Gennaro is a popular NYC tourist attraction that has taken place each year since 1926, and includes food, games, and great live music.
Check the NYC Events Calendar on NYCTourist frequently for updates on other NYC festivals in September, including the annual Pagan Pride Day!
Art Events NYC in September
Like just about every month in NYC, September is a flourishing month for the arts in NYC. Along with many NY museums and art galleries that are open year-round, there are a handful of great New York City festivals for the arts each Septemer in
Enjoy progressive avant-garde NYC performances from the historic BAM Theater
- Broadway on Broadway: One of the best free events in NYC, Broadway on Broadway is a free NYC concert premiering some of the upcoming shows for the fall season on Broadway. More than 40,000 people pack Times Square each year to enjoy a sneak peek at some of the best performances on Broadway in September.
- BAM Next Wave Festival: The annual Next Wave Festival hosted by the Brooklyn Academy of Music kicks off each September in NYC. Enjoy progressive avant-garde NYC performances from the historic BAM Theater, including musical symphonies, dance companies, and much more at this popular art festival in NYC.
Enjoy these NYC art festivals in September, and tour the many art galleries and NY museums open each September in NYC. Visit the NYC Events Page for information on other September art events in NYC, including the annual New York Film Festival in Manhattan.
NYC Sports in September
September in NYC is a great time of the year to be a New York sports fan. With the New York Yankees and NY Mets in their final month of regular season play, as well as the New York Giants and NY Jets kicking off their seasons at the New Meadowlands Stadium, September is a busy
month for sports in NYC.
Enjoy a fun ride along the Hudson River at the Escape New York Bike Ride
- U.S. Open Tennis: Watch live as the best tennis players in the world go head-to-head in the final Grand Slam Tournament of the year. The US Open Tennis Championship takes place over two weeks in August and September in NYC, and has hosted some of the best tennis players of all time, including Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Steffi Graf and Roger Federer, just to name a few.
- Escape New York Bike Ride: Enjoy a fun ride along the Hudson River with thousands of other NY bike riders at the Escape New York Bike Ride in September. With courses for beginners and davanced long-distance riders, this NYC event is the perfect way to get active in New York City.
Click here for information on how to get the best deals on New York sports tickets, as well as information on other NYC sporting events in September, including the R. Brinkley Smithers Golf Invitational.