Night of a Thousand Gowns
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Times Square
Restaurants near Times Square
Night of a Thousand Gowns Summary
Event Overview: Having celebrated its 27th anniversary in 2013, Night of a Thousand Gowns is an LGBT charity ball and silent auction designed to raise funds for social service and HIV/AIDS organizations and youth enrichment programs.
What to Expect: At Night of a Thousand Gowns, you can expect drinking, dancing, and Broadway-calibur entertainment. As a guest, you'll enjoy an open bar, a full-course dinner, and a Viennese dessert buffet. In the past, Sandra Bernhard, Alan Cumming, and Bebe Neuwirth have acted as honorary chairs and co-chairs.
- Outrageous Outfits: When it comes to charity balls, Night of a Thousand Gowns sets the standard for fun. Here you'll find some of the most lavish dress uniforms in the entire New York Tri-State area. You can bring your own cape and scepter!
- Live Entertainment: At Night of a Thousand Gowns, the fun lasts well into the night. At midnight, the Imperial Court of New York will crown the new reign's monarchs, ushering in a new era of LGBT pride.
Inside Knowledge: The Night of a Thousand Gowns Benefit is hosted by the Imperial Court of New York, which was founded in 1986 by Their Imperial Majesties Emperor I George The First and Empress I Sybil The First. The Court, a branch of the International Court System, is an LGBT fund-raising organization dedicated to raising money for social service and health support organizations. As of 2011, it has raised and donated back to the community over $1 million.
- Dress Appropriately: Night of a Thousand Gowns is a formal (but decidedly glamorous) charity event. Dress appropriately. We recommend cocktail dresses and black tie or dress uniforms. Scepters are allowed.
- Buy Your Tickets in Advance: Because of the popularity of this event, we recommend buying your tickets early - as soon as they go on sale, if possible. Night of a Thousand Gowns will sell out fast.
- Bring a Friend: While you might enjoy the freedom of attending NY Night of Gowns by yourself, we recommend bringing a friend; it's almost twice as fun.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Night of a Thousand Gowns Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Night of a Thousand Gowns
Marriott Marquis Hotel
New York, US
$150 - $500
Drinking, Dancing, and Live Entertainment at the Night of a Thousand Gowns
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- NY Night of Gowns is held in the Broadway Ballroom at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Manhattan's Times Square.
- NY Night of Gowns is a charity event held to benefit the LGBT community.
- NYC Night of Gowns is usually held in late March.
49th St-7th Ave (N, R, W); 50th St-Broadway (1); Times Square-42nd St (1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W, A, C, E)