New York Peace Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Restaurants near the Japanese American Association
Hotels near the Japanese American Association
New York Peace Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: NY Peace Film Festival is a two-day New York film festival event that is held every year in March. It takes place at the All Souls Unitarian Church on Lexington Ave and 80th Street. The NY Peace Film Festival will screen 12 films over the weekend, all of which relate to peace and anti-war efforts in ten different countries.
What to Expect: NY Peace Film Festival features both short and independent films in its presentation, and they also play classical anti-war films.
- History: While the NY Peace Film Festival features independent peace films, it also showcases popular and historical anti-war films such as the famous and unforgettable All Quiet on the Western Front.
- Cheap: Not only does the New York Peace Film Festival offer a free kick-off party at the All Souls Unitarian Church, but entry into this popular NYC film festival is very affordable. For just $15 a day, you can enjoy as many films featured at the Peace Film Festival NY that you want.
- Variety: While anti-war films, especially those that refer to the World War II and the use of the atom bomb, are often part of the schedule, there are also other peace films shown during the weekend that focus on other topics such as the subject of change, prejudice, and gender conflicts. One feature film at last year's NYC festival focused on the 2006 non-violent revolution in Oaxaca Mexico.
Inside Knowledge: The NY Peace Film Festival is fairly new. It began in 2008. One of the founders of the NY Peace Film Festival, Yuni Tanaka, came to the United States in 1998 when she started doing stand-up comedy, and she seeks to make sure that the victims of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings and the events of that year are not forgotten in the 21st century.
- Reserve Early: As with all major NYC events, we encourage you to get your tickets early. Even if there is no worry of tickets selling out, it also helps the organizers know what the demand and popularity of their event is.
- Stay For Both Days: The NY Peace Film Festival is not a long event. You will have plenty of time to take in the surrounding sights in New York City while still being able to catch all of the film screenings during the weekend.
- Bring Tissues: Most of the films shown at the NY Peace Film Festival are powerful. Really powerful. You'll ride a roller coaster of emotions during the NY Peace Film Festival, from inspired to deeply saddened, so make sure to keep some tissues on hand.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
New York Peace Film Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
New York Peace Film Festival
All Souls Unitarian Church
1157 Lexington Avenue
New York, US
Mar 21,2014 - Mar 23,2014
New York Peace Film Festival Showcases Powerful Anti-War Films
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Peace Film Festival NY is an annual New York film festival that takes place each March in Manhattan.
- The NY Peace Film Festival screens a collection of anti-war films from around the world.
- There are 12 films screened over the two-day Peace Film Festival NY.
42nd St-5th Ave-6th Ave (7, B, D, F, V); Times Square-42nd St (1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W, A, C, E); Grand Central (4, 5, 6, 7, S)