NYC Children's Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in Manhattan
Restaurants in Manhattan
NYC Children's Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: The NYC Children's Film Festival provides both children and adults with the opportunity to preview intelligent, thought-provoking, multicultural cinematic works for children between the ages of 3 and 18. Parents may even enroll their children in professional workshops in stop-motion, claymation, and animation. Scholarships for these workshops are available.
What to Expect: At the International Childrens Film Festival in NYC, you can expect the very best in children's films. Here you will find passionate filmmakers showcasing their creative works, and patient, enthusiastic teachers inspiring in children the love of film.
- Famous Directors: The NYC Children's Film Festival has featured film premieres by some of the world's finest directors, including Hayao Miyazaki, Michel Ocelot, Danny Boyle, and Rob Minkoff.
- World-Class Workshops: Children's filmmaking workshops are also available at the International Childrens Film Festival. Here, kids will have the chance to view things from the other side of the camera, with classes in stop-motion, claymation, and animation techniques. Note that, because of high demand and limited enrollment, these workshops can be pricey; scholarships, however, are available.
Inside Knowledge: The NYC Children's Film Festival was founded by Eric Beckman and Emily Shapiro in 1997. Since then, it has presented over 1,100 films by acclaimed directors such as Hayao Miyazaki, Michel Ocelot, Katsuhiro Otomo, and Danny Boyle. The NYC Children's Film Festival is now the largest children's film festival in America, having sold out every screening since 2000.
- Buy Tickets in Advance: As of 2010, the NYC Children's Film Festival is the largest festival for children and teens in the United States, with a paid audience of over 20,000. We recommend buying your tickets early, as all screenings since 2000 have sold out in advance.
- Participate: When you attend the International Childrens Film Festival, you will have the chance to participate in filmmaker Q&As, hands-on production workshops, red-carpet premieres, audience voting, and the NYC Children's Film Festival Awards Ceremony.
- Become a Member: If you want to get the most out of the International Children's Film Festival experience, become an NYICFF Member. Members will receive All Access festival passes, VIP party invitations, Awards Ceremony passes, year-round screening passes, reserved seating at NYICFF screenings, and more. By becoming a member, you will also be supporting the festival, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
NYC Children's Film Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
NYC Children's Film Festival
Apr 03,2013 - Apr 11,2013
$9 - $13
Intelligent, Provocative Children's Films at the NYC Children's Film Festival
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The NYC Children's Film Festival features intelligent, thought-provoking cinematic works for children aged 3 to 18.
- The Kids Film Festival NYC is perfect for kids and adults.
- Children's workshops are available at the International Childrens Film Festival.