Explore the wonders of New York!
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Information
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Info
Children 5-12: $30, Children under 5: FREE, Adults: $45, Seniors: $40
12pm - 4pm
When to Go:
Official dolphin and whale count
All NYC dolphin & whale watching tours are subject to cancellation if whether isn't permitting.
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Quick Facts
- NYC dolphin & whale watching is available on the Rockaway Ferry starting in June through the rest of the summer, every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!
- Experience NYC whale watching with the whole family. Children are encouraged to come aboard.
- Rockaway offers one of the best New York whale watching tours in the Atlantic Ocean.
Breezy Point, US
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Transportation Nearby NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Photos
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
NYC Dolphin and Whale Watching
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Hop Aboard the NYC Dolphin & Whale Watching Tour and Spot Amazing Sea Mammals through the Rockaway Waters!
Prices Starting at
$45.00 for adults & $30.00 for children
Features: The NYC dolphin & whale watching tour on the Rockaway Ferry allows guests to coast through the Atlantic Ocean, scouting out these beloved sea mammals. All ages are welcome, and children are especially encouraged to participate in the official whale and dolphin count taken by the crew.
Why We Go: The NYC whale watching tour gives guests access to see dolphins and whales up close in their own environment - a unique, rare and very exciting experience!
- All Ages: The New York whale watching tour makes an awesome family outing, day date, or a fun day for friends. All ages are welcome aboard the NYC dolphin & whale watching tour and all ages will enjoy spotting these wonderful water mammals!
- Great Value: Whale watching in New York is an amazing experience, and this tour is only $45 for adults and $25 for children, with senior discounts offered as well.
- Summer Fun: The NYC whale watching boat tour is only offered in the summer months, so not only do you get the opportunity to see whales and dolphins in the Rockaway waters, but you'll enjoy a full 4 hour boat tour on a summer day.
Inside Knowledge: If you have trouble with directions to Riis Landing, you can also use Fort Tilden as a reference point, since it's right across the street from the New York whale watching tour boarding location.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring a Camera: You'll definitely want to bring cameras, video recorders and binoculars aboard the NYC dolphin & whale watching tour, as there will be plenty of great photo opportunities. Spotting beautiful dolphins and whales is a great memory you'll want to capture on film forever!
- Do Carry Cash: There is a cash-only bar on board the NYC whale watching boat.
- Don't Bring a Cooler: Although the NYC whale watching tour is 4 hours long, try to eat before or after the tour, as coolers are not permitted aboard.
- Don't Plan a Weekend Tour: The New York whale watching tours are only offered Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays of the summer season. Book in advanced for one of these days!