NYC Jewish Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near The Jewish MuseumRes
Restaurants near The Jewish Museum
NYC Jewish Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: Jewish Film Festival NYC is an annual showcase of Jewish cinema from around the world. This event, which spans over two weeks in length, is held at the Jewish Museum in Upper East Side Manhattan. Jewish Film Festival NYC showcases classics and new films in Jewish Cinema each year, sometimes combined with exhibits of the museum.
What to Expect: The Jewish Film Festival NYC is renowned for hosting works of Jewish cinema from all over the world. Its home, the Jewish Museum, also hosts plenty of popular works in Jewish culture, making this the natural place to showcase the Jewish art of cinema as well.
- Lots of Films: There is no shortage of selection on what you can see. From old classics to modern day movies, you have plenty of selection on what to see at the Jewish Film Festival NYC.
- U.S. Premieres: Jewish Film Festival NYC is the United States premiere to many of the festival's foreign films. It brings many popular overseas Jewish movies to the respectable screenings of the festival in New York City.
- Worldwide Showcase: When we say that the films are from all over the world, we aren't kidding. Films celebrating Jewish cinema at this festival come from France, Romania, Israel, and Germany just to name a few countries.
Inside Knowledge: The Jewish Film Festival NYC will be celebrating its 21st anniversary in 2012.
- Buy Tickets in Advance: Want to save money on your screening tickets? Order them during ticketing period in December to save a few bucks on each screening. Savings end up to around $5 compared to waiting until the day of a film screening.
- Act Appropriately: While everyone is encouraged to take a look at some of the films during this festival in order to learn more about Jewish culture and art, we recommend dressing nice and acting respectful to the hosts. It's not uncommon for an older crowd to attend these festivals, so please adhere to this and be courteous.
- See Both Old and New: Sometimes it's nice to watch a classic film you may have already seen if it's in the company of different people. If you see a classic on the screening list that you've already seen, considering going anyway. Don't overwhelm your schedule with older films though, as plenty of new modern-day classics will be playing as well.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
NYC Jewish Film Festival Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
NYC Jewish Film Festival
The Jewish Museum
1109 5th Ave
New York, US
Jan 14,2015 - Jan 29,2015
$7 - $12
NYC Jewish Film Festival features old and new Jewish cinema classics
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Held annually for 16 days in January.
- Located at the Jewish Museum in Upper East Side Manhattan.
- Showcases short and long films, popular or independent.
96th St (6)