NYC Pride Week
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Restaurants in West Village
NYC Pride Week Summary
Event Overview: New York Pride is New York City's largest gathering and celebration of the LGBT community. This "week-long" event extends celebrations throughout the month of June, with Pride Week NYC hitting a climax on Sunday of the actual week of celebration. On that Sunday, a march takes place from Times Square to West Village, and the Pridefest street fair also takes place that day along with plenty of other events throughout the day and night.
What to Expect: New York Pride celebrates the LGBT community with plenty of events, shows, and things to do during the month. It is one of the biggest demonstrations for equality for the LGBT community in the United States, and features high profile speakers and members of the community that have openly fought prejudice against them due to their lifestyle choice.
- Guests of Honor: New York Pride is host to some of the most notable men and women that have spoken out publicly against the prejudice from society that is put on them for being openly gay or different. Other special guests include public figures who support the LGBT community, such as cast members from Wicked on Broadway, who attended the 2011 Pridefest.
- March: The Pride March, which is specifically called a march and not a rally until the LGBT community is treated with equality, is the annual gathering of supporters for LGBT equality that goes from Times Square to West Village.
- Pridefest: The NY street fair Pridefest is held on the day of the march in the West Village area. It is a place for vendors to showcase their products and gay-pride art, and is a popular attraction for visitors supporting equality from out-of-state. It is also the host of Stagefest, which features live entertainment from names in the LGBT community.
Inside Knowledge: New York Pride Week has roots in 1969 when the first gay power demonstration was held in Bryant Park with 500 people. It has since grown into a nearly month-long celebration and rally for equality.
- Plan Ahead: New York Pride week is New York's biggest celebration for LGBT equality. It is very popular with visitors from out of state, so make sure you plan for accommodations ahead of time. Many of the events are free, but the hotels aren't so if you are on a budget then make sure you know what you can afford and what public transportation will get you to the event.
- Bring Good Vibes: The events for Pride Week NYC will bring out the emotions and passion of many in the LGBT community. Make sure to embrace their passion and support their struggle for making sure their voice is heard.
- Have Fun: The struggle of equality is still existent, but things are a lot better today than they were many years ago. New York Pride week is a time for many to celebrate the progress and to have fun. Be sure to enjoy the festivities as well.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
100.0% recommended it
NYC Pride Week Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
NYC Pride Week
Jun 21,2014 - Jun 29,2014
NYC Pride Week is New York's celebration and struggle for LGBT equality
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Week long NYC events include the pride rally, the march, and more.
- Pridefest NY brings together the locals and visitors with the New York City LGBT community.
- Pride week in New York also includes the Pridefest street fair.