*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
Oktoberfest NYC Summary
Event Overview: An annual celebration for beer lovers around the globe, Oktoberfest NYC brings together some of Gemany and New York's best craft breweries. From late September to mid-October, Oktoberfest NYC features several different events scattered around the city, some of which are free while others require advance tickets.
What to Expect: Delicious beer and wonderful food. Oktoberfest NYC is a showcase of New York's best beers, and food vendors join the fun with some of the most authentic German fare in town. Take in the fall foliage with a dark lager at one of several Oktoberfest in NYC events.
- Plan Ahead: Some exclusive Oktoberfest New York events require tickets purchased well in advance. Das Best Oktoberfest NYC (third weekend of October, West 28th St. between Aves 11 and 12) offers tickets for $75 in advance. Other Oktoberfest events, such as the one on Lexington Ave (first weekend of October, from 42nd St to 57th St), are free to the public.
- Kid-Friendly Atmosphere ... Sometimes: Some Oktoberfest NYC events are kid-friendly. NYC Oktoberfest presented by MeanRed (second weekend of October, Picnic Point at Governor's Island) features a root beer tent for the little ones. However, other Oktoberfest events may be limited to adults only.
Inside Knowledge: Can't wait for Oktoberfest in NYC to begin? We know the feeling. Luckily, NY Craft Beer Week takes place the last week of September, and features events all around NYC. Get a NY Craft Beer Week Passport to take advantages of great deals in several NY bars, while you prepare your liver for the Oktoberfest NYC events just around the corner.
- Eat Something!: Never drink on an empty stomach. Lucky for you, each Oktoberfest New York event takes its food as seriously as its beer, with plenty of pork wursts and sausage to go around.
- Sample the German Beers: Get in the "holiday" spirit by sampling some of the best beers from one the world's brewery capitals at Oktoberfest in NYC.
- Visit Local Breweries: Several NY breweries - including Brooklyn Brewery and Heartland Brewery - feature month-long specialty beers in honor of Oktoberfest in NYC.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Oktoberfest NYC Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Sep 15,2012 - Oct 21,2012
$0 - $94
Celebrate the Culture of Beer at Oktoberfest NYC
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Oktoberfest originated in Munich, Germany in 1810.
- NY Craft Beer Week takes place the week before Oktoberfest NYC, the last week of September.
- NY breweries like Brooklyn Brewery and Heartland Brewery feature German-inspired beers during the month of October.