Orphans on Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Orphans on Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Orphans on Broadway will start previews at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre on March 26, 2013 and will have its opening night on April 18, 2013.
- This play revival is directed by Tony Award-Winning director Daniel Sullivan, and tells the story of two orphaned brothers who delve into the criminal world in an attempt to make ends meet.
- Alec Baldwin and Ben Foster are among the actors who make up the award-winning cast.
March 26 - June 30, 2013
Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre
236 W 45th St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Orphans on Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Orphans on Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Orphans on Broadway is a play revival that stars Ben Foster and Alec Baldwin.
Features: Orphans on Broadway is a revival of a critically-acclaimed play by Lyle Kessler. It centers on a pair of orphaned brothers who live in a dilapidated Northern Philadelphia row house and who are trying to make ends meet by any means possible. It will star Ben Foster and Tom Sturridge as the brothers, and also features Alec Baldwin.
Why We Go: Orphans on Broadway promises to be a gripping and gritty drama, with characters the audience will find alternately maddening and relatable.
- Star Appeal: Like some other Broadway shows making their debut this season, this play has some big stars to round out the cast. Alec Baldwin in particular should be a big draw playing a rich older man who the eldest brother ends up kidnapping, and in a bizarre twist, ends up as a quasi-father figure for the boys.
- Character Study: All of the main characters in Orphans are damaged individuals, and the audience will be drawn into their motives and their ability to surprise us.
- Highly Anticipated: When Orphans originally premiered in 1983, it made a huge impact with critics and theater-goers alike. This new Orphans on Broadway revival has excited those who remember the original production.
Inside Knowledge: The material was made into a movie starring Matthew Modine, Albert Finney and Kevin Anderson, which was released in 1987.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do order tickets online: This play has garnered a lot of buzz, so it would be prudent to get your Broadway show tickets online beforehand to reserve a great seat.
- Do see it while you can: This production is only supposed to be a limited engagement, so if this is something you're interested in, definitely prioritize and see it on your next trip to New York City.
- Don't bring the kids: Orphans on Broadway deals with some dark themes, and the producers recommend that kids under the age of 16 skip this one.
- Don't worry about things to do in the area: The Theater District and the surrounding areas are filled with fantastic things to do in New York City, so coordinate a day of sightseeing in the proximity of the theater, and then catch a show during the evening.