Peter Luger Restaurant
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Peter Luger Restaurant Summary
Peter Luger Restaurant Information
Restaurant Quick Facts
- Peter Luger Steak House is located in the South Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn.
- Peter Luger Steakhouse does not accept credit cards.
- Gift certificates are available to Peter Luger NYC.
Restaurant Website: http://www.peterluger.com/
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Marcy Ave (J, M, Z)
Hours of Operation:
Mon.-Thu. 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri.-Sat. 11:30am-10:30pm, Sun. 12:30pm-9:30pm
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Peter Luger Restaurant Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the restaurant, but category representations. Visit the restaurant's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Gramercy Park Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Business travelers can mix work with pleasure at Gramercy New York Hotel. Get work done at the state-of-the-art business center, then enjoy the nearby NYC attractions and chic New York nightclubs. A meeting and events space is also available at this beautiful NY hotel.
Rates starting at$489* Details
Peter Luger Restaurant
Do you agree? Write your own review!
The Best Steak in NYC at Peter Luger Restaurant
Cost of one meal
$ - $10 and under
$$ - $11-30
$$$ - $31-60
$$$$- $60 and above
Features: Founded in 1887, Peter Luger Restaurant is arguably the best steakhouse in NYC. Located in the South Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, just minutes from downtown Manhattan, this famous NYC steakhouse offers American classics such as pot roast, corned beef, and home-style chicken, in addition to Peter Luger's family-selected, dry-aged USDA prime beef steaks.
Why We Dine: When it comes to steak, no restaurant can compete with Peter Luger Restaurant NYC. Each day, members of the family visit the wholesale markets to look for the finest USDA prime meats. Having examined the color, fat conformation, and bones, they then buy the meat and bring it back to the restaurant, where the dry aging process begins.
- Classic New York: Peter Luger Restaurant has been serving the finest prime meats since 1887. Very little about the restaurant has changed since then; this popular NYC restaurant is cash-only, for example, and the interior design has all the old-fashioned charm of a 19th-century steakhouse. When you dine here, you'll feel yourself a part of a tradition that extends back to the 19th century.
- Excellent Service: One of the best things about Peter Luger Restaurant NYC is the outstanding table service. The waiters at Peter Luger are efficient, knowledgeable, and cheerful. They know everything there is to know about steak and, more important, how to make you feel at home.
- Thick Bacon: While the steak at Peter Luger is top-notch, you'll no doubt enjoy a plate of Luger's famous bacon, sliced extra thick and served sizzling on the plate. There's no better way to start a meal. Trust us: you'll love it!
Inside Knowledge: Having opened in 1887, Peter Luger Restaurant is one of the oldest restaurants in NYC. Note that, in keeping with tradition, this famous steakhouse in NYC does not accept credit cards. We recommend hitting up an ATM before you eat (err on the side of withdrawing too much as opposed to too little, as meals at Peter Luger NYC are pricey).
- Steak: It goes without saying that the steak at Peter Luger Restaurant is outstanding. We recommend the porterhouse steak. It's tender, flavorful, and juicy, simply seasoned with salt and butter and conveniently cut into pieces for you. You might also make use of the house steak sauce, if you're looking for variety.
- Dessert: If you have any room left after gorging on delicious steak, consider treating yourself to one of the many desserts at Peter Luger Restaurant. Menu items include apple strudel, cheesecake, chocolate mousse, fruit tarts, pecan pie, and Peter Luger's special "Holy Cow" hot fudge sundae. All desserts are served with homemade "Schlag" (whipped cream).
- Banquet Facilities
- Birthday Specials
- Business Dining
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Easy Parking
- Fresh Food
- Full Bar
- Gift Certificates
- Kid Friendly
- Tapas/Small Plates
- Wheelchair Access