Pippin on Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Pippin on Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Pippin makes its triumphant return to Broadway and seeing this show is bound to be one of the most popular things to do in New York City for the season.
- Pippin is a young prince's coming of age story, set in the 800's.
- This musical is fun for the whole family, as it features over the top dance numbers and wonderful music by Stephen Schwartz, who also wrote such classics as Godspell and Wicked.
Music Box Theatre
239 W 45th St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Pippin on Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Pippin on Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Pippin is returning to Broadway for the first time in 40 years, so secure your ticket today!
Features: Pippin on Broadway is an imaginative coming-of-age story about the son of Charlemagne, the First Holy Roman Emperor. This musical revival features memorable pop-rock songs like "Corner of the Sky" that were created by Stephen Schwartz, who also wrote the music for Wicked and Godspell.
Why We Go: Pippin hasn't been on Broadway for over 40 years, so audiences will not want to miss this classic musical that poses the question "How far will you go to be extraordinary?"
- Acrobatic Feats: The original 1970's production of Pippin featured choreography by Bob Fosse, and this new version of Pippin on Broadway will incorporate stunning Cirque du Soleil like acrobatic feats and flashy dance numbers in the spirit of Bob Fosse.
- Classic Songs: The songs of this Broadway show are much beloved, and include "Magic to Do," "Corner of the Sky" and "Kind of Woman."
- Engaging Story: Even though Pippin on Broadway is set in the 800's, the young prince's story of triumph over adversity and his journey of self-discovery is truly timeless.
Inside Knowledge: Pippin is being directed by Diane Paulus, who has a successful history with musical revivals. She has won Tony Awards for bringing Hair and Porgy & Bess back to Broadway.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do expect to be inspired: The dancers will be performing elaborate choreography that melds more typical broadway dancing with Cirque du Soleil acts of defying gravity that will leave audience members awestruck. The story itself is also inspiring for anyone who has ever struggled to stand out.
- Do order tickets online: Pippin has some devoted, die-hard fans, so don't risk being left out of attending the show and order your Broadway show tickets online today.
- Don't forget to eat beforehand: This musical will have a fifteen-minute intermission, but since the show runs for two hours and 35 minutes, definitely grab dinner ahead of time at one of the fabulous NYC restaurants in the area.
- Don't bring very young children: The producers recommend that kids eight and under stay at home for this show. Older kids are welcome though, and it should be a fun experience for the whole family!