When the girls are away, you know they're going to play - especially when they're taking to the city that never sleeps!
There's always an upcoming occassion to plan a getaway weekend with your best girlfriends, whether you're celebrating a special occasion, have some time off for a holiday or you just need a break from the daily stresses and are ready to let loose with your favorite people.
There are so many great things to do in New York City on a trip with your friends, whether it's checking out the nightlife, seeing a show on Broadway, trying all the amazing restaurants or relaxing at the spa. Treat yourself to the finer things in New York this trip
Where to stay in NYC
- Find a great suite. There are so many great hotels with suites large enough for everyone to share! Tons of fabulous luxury hotels in NYC provide the comfort and space for girls who are ready to treat themselves to a special vacation.
- Boutique hotels like SoHotel, TriBeCa Blue Hotel, Park South and more provide a more intimate atmosphere than the gradiose hotels or chains. Most are located near some of the best bars, restaurants and shopping the area too!
- Times Square hotels provide convenience to the top attractions and Broadway theatres.
- Central Park hotels offer breathtaking views and it's not a bad idea to get in a run in the park so that you'll look great in your bikini later!
- For a great view - Top of the Standard. You won't find a better combination of great views, delicious cocktails and the perfect ambiance than what you get at this lounge. Dress your best and bring your plastic (whatever has the highest credit limit) for a night among the beautiful and elegant in NYC. While you're Definitely check out the bathrooms
- Dance the night away at bOb Bar on the Lower East Side. Great music. Cool people. Good times. You will not want to leave the dance floor at all. But then again, the crowds here don't allow for it.
- For the best drinks - Angel's Share. This low-key speakeasy is intimate and classy in the East Village. They have fantastic cocktails and Japanese bar snacks to enjoy with a group of about 3 girls or so.
- For the cheapest drinks - Rudy's Bar & Grill. You can not go wrong with this place if you're with some girls ready to have fun on a budget. Pitchers of beer for around $8, stiff and cheap drinks, a jukebox and free hot dogs. What's not to love? Be sure to pack a a pair of jeans for this place, you wouldn't want to get beer or ketchup on your party dress.
- When you're picking up businessmen - Check out one of our favorite hotel bars in NYC like Bar d'Eau in the Trump SoHo or Millesime in the Carlton Hotel.
- For a glamorous atmosphere - Pegu Club in SoHo has some of the best cocktails around, so dress nice and come for a great time in a classy place.
- For the ladies who like sports. Why settle for a sports bar when you can go to a game? NYC has some of the best teams in the nation - go to one of the games!
- The Ladies who like brews - The Pony Bar has a great selection of beers on tap with locations on the Upper East Side or in Hell's Kitchen. They've also got a decent menu, but don't come here at night for a great meal and quiet time with the girls, because this place gets packed.
- For the hippest ladies - Post Office in Brooklyn. They have a great menu, with a good selection of specialty cocktails (and beer cocktails?) You'll see quite a few people here on dates, but you're on a date with the ladies, and it doesn't get much better than that.
The Best Broadway Shows
- Mamma Mia is always a hit with groups of girls coming to the big city together!
- Chicago the Musical is a big hit for a girl's night out that's a little more on the wild side!
- Wicked is one of the best shows around! The perfect musical for kids and adults alike.
- Book your tickets online so you don't miss out on great seats sitting beside eachother (the good seats go fast, so don't wait until the last minute if you're with a big group of girls) and most shows offer great discounts when you buy online or buy for a group.
- If you want to save one of the popular shows for another special occassion, check out one of the Off-Broadway shows. They're usually a bit more cutting-edge and different, and cheaper, but you'll have a great time!