New York City is one of the most popular destinations for a summer vacation. June is especially special because school is finally out, the temperatures are not too hot and the crowds aren’t quite as thick as they will be in a few weeks.
Those are not the only reasons to visit NYC in June though! The street fairs are in full force, the concert series’ are kicking off and it’s finally warm enough to wear shorts again. NYCTourist.com has announced the top things to do in New York City this month, from fun festivals to unforgettable tours!
Best NYC Tours in June 2013
Now is the time for an early summer vacation, and no vacation is complete without sightseeing in New York City! Many NYC tours are perfect for June when the sun is shining and the temperature is rising.
Boat tours in NYC are a great way to cool off, and they provide some of the most fantastic opportunities for sightseeing. The NYC skyline is beautiful day and night, and Classic Harbor Line cruises even offers a special $10 savings with the promo code NYCTOURIST10!
Another fun way to get out on the water is on a fast and fun jet ski! Take a thrilling ride under the Brooklyn Bridge and past the Statue of Liberty, and experience NYC like never before.
If you’re more of a land lover, check out one of the fantastic walking tours or food tours in NYC. New York City is full of history and culture, and a guided tour can introduce you to more than you have ever experienced in this city before!
If you want an even more memorable experience, a memory that’s a bit more tangible, check out one of the NYC photo tours! NYCTourist.com’s editor’s pick is the private tour with a personal photographer with Phototrek! Take home nearly 100 beautiful, high-quality photos of your group exploring all the most popular NYC attractions.
Summer Savings in NYC
New York City can get expensive as the season goes on, but NYCTourist.com has tons of great savings for travelers to take advantage of. Check out all the current NYC hotel deals to save big on hotels in Times Square, Chelsea, Midtown Manhattan and more! Many hotels offer special package deals that make family vacations, romantic getaways and summer trips even more special, and affordable! NYCTourist.com also has a fantastic list of Broadway show deals to some of the best shows playing like Mamma Mia, The Lion King, Chicago The Musical and Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. Want to save on everything else? Turn to the New York Pass for huge savings on all of the best things to do in town, from museums to tours. The New York Pass can save travelers hundreds for a 1, 3, 5 or 7 day stay!
- All of June - NYC Pride Events - All month long New York City will be celebrating Pride with parades, parties, dances and many more throughout the five boroughs! Staten Island on June 1st kicks off the celebrations, followed by Queens on June 2, Brooklyn on June 8, an opening rally on June 28, Rapture on the River women’s dance on June 29th and on June 30th, Pridefest, the LGBT Pride March, Pride Poolside and Dance on the Pier will finish of the month of festivities.
- All of June - Check out all the NYC Street Fairs in June!
- June 8 - 9 - Big Apple BBQ Block Party is back for the 11th edition in Madison Square Garden, and pitmasters from all over the country will be serving up plates ($9 each) of some of the best BBQ around.
- June 11 - Museum Mile Festival is one of New York City’s biggest block parties on Fifth Ave from 82nd - 105th Street.
- June 15 - Aug 18 - The Jazz Age Lawn Party is the Governor’s Island Prohibition-themed festival featuring Michael Arenella and his Dreamland Orchestra
- June 16 - Father's Day in NYC - Take Dad to a baseball game, on a food tour, to a fun show, to a festival or just on a fun trip sightseeing in NYC.
- June 21 - The First Day of Summer 2013
- June 25 - July 13 - A dance fest in Damrosch Park featuring jazz, mambo, rock and swing bands with 2 late night discos and more.
There are so many fun things to do in New York City, from sightseeing to Broadway shows and everything in between. Don’t miss the chance see New York City in the beautiful month of June!