PS 1 Warm Up
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
PS 1 Warm Up Summary
Event Overview: Warm Up at MoMa is an annual summer-long event that takes place in MoMa New York, a contemporary art institution in Long Island City of Queens. Concerts and fances take place every Saturday at PS 1 MoMa in Long Island City from early July until early September. The cost is the entry into PS1 MoMa, which is $15.00, but Long Island residents and people with memberships to the art institution can get in for free.
What to Expect: Warm Up at MoMa is a fun event that brings some serious energy to the Queens neighborhood. It's an inexpensive way to be exposed to plenty of art culture from New York while also enjoying a day out dancing with great people.
- Summer-long: This concert series in MoMa New York lasts for the entire summer, giving you plenty of chances to get out and dance in a setting that is distinctly modern and artistic.
- Variety: Each year, numerous different artists play every Saturday at PS1 MoMa during Warm Up. There is no doubt that you will have access to variety if you're looking for a specific type of music to enjoy during this summer-long event.
- Free or cheap: The ticket to getting into Warm Up is simple - purchase a pass into PS1 MoMa for $15. If you are a Long Island City resident or have an annual pass into MoMa, then admission to the Warm Up is free.
Inside Knowledge: PS1 Warm Up started back in 1997 in an effort to bring new people to MoMa and Long Island. It has become a wildly popular event since then, and has expanded into one of Long Island's largest events.
- Dont feel pressured: This is a very long event held across multiple months on Saturdays. You shouldn't feel committed to going each weekend, and there is a large variety of artists playing so that you don't miss out on a specific genre of music that you like to dance to.
- Pace yourself: Warm Up Saturdays are long. Don't burn yourself out having fun. Make sure you keep yourself hydrated and don't dance yoursick sick.
- Wear cool clothes: No, we don't mean hip clothes. Wear something that's comfortable for a long hot day. If you're dancing, then we recommend something with good ventilation.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
PS 1 Warm Up Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
PS 1 Warm Up
22-25 Jackson Ave
Long Island City, US
Jun 29,2013 - Sep 07,2013
PS 1 Warm Up is a summer-long dance event in Long Island City
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Summer concert series hosted in the PS1 MoMa in Long Island City
- Runs from July until September every Saturday at PS1 MoMa
- Free for Long Island City residents to attend
45 Road-Court Sq (7); 21st St (Van Alst) (G); LIC-Court Sq (E, V, G)