River to River Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
River to River Festival Summary
Event Overview: River to River NYC is a summer-long festival that features live music, art, and dancing. This NYC summer festival runs from mid June to mid July in downtown Manhattan, and is free to the public so that everyone can enjoy the arts and culture of New York City.
What to Expect: River to River NYC is a free NY event for all locals and visitors to enjoy. It runs for most of the summer and features some excellent talent in performing arts from New York City.
- New York culture: River to River NYC features a collection of artists, musicians, and dancers from New York City. These events are a great way to experience the arts and culture of New Yorkers.
- Free: River to River NYC does not want to discriminate against people who cannot afford to experience the arts of New York. The event has been and always will be free for people to enjoy.
- Spirit Reviving: River to River NYC was started after 9/11 in order to raise the spirits and establish a culture for downtown Manhattan. As it continues to get bigger ever year while sticking to its original intent, this has been a big success.
Inside Knowledge: The first River to River NYC summer festival took place in the summer of 2002, following the year of the 9/11 attacks. The festival brings in popular musicians from around the world and establishes downtown Manhattan as en epicenter of culture.
- Check the schedule ahead of time: There are plenty of artists and musicians performing throughout the the summer. Be sure to check the schedule for details as well as where it will be held, as the venues change regularly through the summer.
- Be respectful: This event is free, and is open to many different people who are here to support the arts and culture taking place in downtown Manhattan. Enjoy yourself, and be respectful to those in attendance as well as the artists.
- Bring people: If you are going to travel to New York to enjoy a concert or an event during River to River NYC, be sure to bring company. This event has gotten very large in its eight years, but making it bigger will only improve the culture and arts in downtown Manhattan.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
River to River Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
River to River Festival
Jun 15,2013 - Jul 14,2013
River to River Festival is a summer-long series of events for everyone
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- A free summer-long NYC festival with arts, music, and dance
- River to River NY was done to revitalize downtown Manhattan after 9/11
- Free of charge in order to encourage everyone to be able to attend