Looking for a fun and entertaining way to see the New York City that is often overlooked by tourists? Are you a music trivia buff, rock n’ roll aficionado or general pop culture lover? If so, Rock Junket Tours NYC are the perfect way to explore a NYC neighborhood, learn about the city’s rich and colorful rock history, and hear the type of behind-the-scenes anecdotal tales that you won’t get anywhere else.
Why Rock Junket Tours NYC? If you love rock music and sightseeing in NYC, then these walking tours which were described by the Guardian newspaper as one of the top five city tours in the world, are not to be missed. Visit the stomping grounds of legendary performers like the Ramones, Blondie, the New York Dolls and more! With a founder and tour guide who not only appreciates rock but actually was a part of the music scene as a music executive and former rock radio personality who worked with the likes of such influential artists as Nirvana, the Ramones, Smashing Pumpkins, Rancid and the Offspring, Bobby Pinn shares his passion for music and insider knowledge on his tours. These tours highlight the people and places who played a crucial role in Rock N Roll history, and are a total 180 from your usual Big Apple tour.
Which Rock Junket Tour is Right For You?
- The East Village Rock and Punk Tour is the most popular one offered by Rock Junket, and delves into the rock, punk and glam genres that dominated NYC and made the East Village into a magnet for all of the most important rock musicians. See firsthand the places that the Velvet Underground, Led Zeppelin, the New York Dolls, the Ramones and countless others made their home, partied and shot iconic album covers.
- The Greenwich Village Rock Tour also explores the significance of NYC neighborhoods to the American music landscape, but this one is devoted to a longtime mecca for musicians - Greenwich Village. Focusing largely on Bob Dylan and the 1960’s folk movement that put this area of starving artists on the map, this tour also includes discussion of Jimi Hendrix, Woody Guthrie and others who played a pivotal role in music history.
- The Union Square Rock Tour is an in-depth look at the Union Square neighborhood and the important events in music history that took place here. See where Andy Warhol was shot, the location used on the Clash’s historic London Calling album cover, and a few spots frequented by rock legends.
- For a real life glimpse into Beatlemania and the New York sites and locations that helped a British band become a world-wide phenomenon, The Beatles Tour is a perfect option for die-hard fans of John, Paul, George and Ringo.
- Live "A Day in the Life" of a New Yorker on walking tour that shows you New York City as the natives experience it. A personal tour guide is yours for the afternoon (or more) to introduce you to all the food, music and everything else that comes along with being a New Yorker, and packs in great stories and interesting history on a tour that can last as little or as long as you want it to. You can have them for the whole week if you want to!
- Private tours and custom group tours are available as well, so get in touch with the folks at Rock Junket Walking Tours if that is something that might interest you.
How Long: Each group tour lasts around 2 hours. The tours are held rain or shine, but if you can’t handle the inclement weather, they may be able to reschedule. Who Can Come: Anyone can come on these NYC walking tours. The more you love to rock, the more you’ll love these tours. Group tours have a capacity of 30 people, so be sure to make a reservation ahead of time if you’re bring along lots of friends (or if you’re not – reservations are always a good idea) Bringing along a group? Email or call for their group rates with your group size, date and any other questions you may have email@example.com 646.515.7874 Price: $35 per person.