Sand Sculpting Contest
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Sand Sculpting Contest Summary
Event Overview: Coney Island will hold this summer’s Sand Sculpting Contest brought to you by Astella Development Corp and Alliance. August 17, 2013 marks the day that all day entertainment will be paired with this fun, free contest. The stretch of beach from West 10th to West 12th Streets will be decorated with giant scenes from the ocean and pretty much whatever else comes to the sculptors mind. Sculpting begins at 12pm and judging will finish by 5pm.
What to Expect: Ametur sculptors will hit the sand whether they have a genius plan or not! This is a family fun event with big pay off if your creation is a work of beach art and artists and leaders from the Coney Island community will serve as judges.
- Entertainment: This fun event will have live bands, dancers, children’s entertainers and more! Be prepared to dance along as you sculpt that sand into a masterpiece.
- Prizes: There are five categories: Individual Adult, Individual Child, Adult Group, Child Group, and Mixed (Children and Adults). Cash prizes will be awarded to first, second, and third place winners in each category of $400, $200, and $100.
Inside Knowledge: “Law and Order: Criminal Intent” star, Vincent D’Onofrio, won last years ‘mixed’ category in the sand sculpting contest with his family with an elaborate pirate and treasure chest scene.
Event Hints: This is a family fun event and it’s free!
- Bring your imagination: Bring your skills to Coney Island beach and mold that sand into a work of art. There are five categories to enter into depending on if you work best with the whole family or as a lone master-sculptor.
- Bring your kids: Kids love the beach, and creating masterpieces and spending time with their families, so why wouldn’t you bring your kids out to this summertime event? Mix up the usual family beach day and ge the creativity flowing.
- Bring your sunscreen: It’s August on the beach so be sure to bring your sunscreen. If you’re sculpting away you could be out there for a few hours so reapply as you go!
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Sand Sculpting Contest Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.