Shopping and sightseeing are an irresistible combination, and New York City has more to offer in those areas than any city of the world. Why not make sure that you’re seeing the best sights and the best-kept secret shopping spots by heading on one of Seek New York’s fantastic shopping tours?
Why Seek New York Tours? Seek offers affordable public tours of NYC, which are usually designed for groups of eight to twelve people and consist of shopping, history, inside information on the fashion industry - oh, and did we mention lots of shopping? Your experienced tour guide brings some professional insight to the tour - not only are they licensed New York City Sightseeing Guides, but they happen to have a background in their tour topic. Your guides are professional costume designers and stylists with years of experience in the entertainment and/or fashion industry. Let the true New Yorkers who love fashion as much as you do, and understand it better than many, offer you a unique perspective, without paying an arm and a leg! With a five-star average review on Trip Advisor, it is clear that customers love these tours for a great way to shop and sightseeing on trip to NYC.
Which Seek Tour is Right For You?
- SoHo Neighborhood Shopping Tour: SoHo is one of the chicest neighborhoods in New York, and locals and tourists alike flock here for some of the ultimate shopping around. On this walking tour, you’ll be led by a professional stylist (and licensed tour guide) to exclusive boutiques that are some of the best-kept secrets in the city. Along the way, tour participants will also learn bits and pieces of SoHo history, as well as the recognizable architecture of the Cast Iron District. Combining history, culture, and of course - shopping that you can’t find anywhere else, this is an ideal NYC walking tour for fashionistas who don’t want to visit stores they could find at home at the mall.
- Garment District Shopping Tour: Calling all Project Runway fans! The Garment District tour is a blend of visiting filming locations from the hit T.V. show with a larger look at the district’s influence on the fashion industry. With the added expertise of a professional designer and a licensed New York Sightseeing Guide, visiting Parsons, Mood Fabrics, Bryant Park and the 34th Street Shopping area has never seemed so fun and informative. This tour is ideal for any aspiring designers and fashion students. In fact, if you’re currently working on a sewing project, bring your list of supplies and fabrics so you can pick them out with the assistance of your knowledgeable guide.
- Consignment Hunting Shopping Tour: Bargains and the Big Apple don’t always go hand in hand, but Seek tours are striving to change that with the inclusion of their Bargain Hunting Shopping Tour. Your qualified guide will take you around to all of the best resale shops and bargain districts to find the best possible deals on gently used designer clothing and accessories, shoes and more, and offer a list of that week’s sample sales for you to continue your shopping adventures. This tour proves once and for all that you don’t need to spend a lot of money to be fashionable, and is a great one for travelers on a budget.
- Vintage Clothing Shopping Tour:Have you always envied the stylish duds your friends seem to score at vintage stores but that you can never seem to be able to find when you try to recreate their look? The Seek Vintage Clothing Shopping Tour takes its guests around to all of the top vintage stores and high-end and resale shops, as guided by a professional costume designer. Vintage shopping can be intimidating, especially with the sheer amount of stores to choose from in New York City, but with the help of an expert it becomes a lot easier, and you may just go home with a whole new fashionable retro wardrobe!
- Ladies Mile Historic Tour: The Ladies’ Mile was once a shopping mecca flocked to by well-to do women in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Your guide is well-versed in the background of the area which is now a designated historical landmark made up of more than 400 buildings and 28 city blocks. This tour focuses on history more so than some of the other Seek tours, so this may be a great compromise between a shopping expedition and a sightseeing tour.
- Other Tours:Seek New York Tours have something to appeal to everyone, and also offer public versions of their Upper West Side Boutiques Tour, Makeup and Accessories Tour, Children's Clothing Shopping Tour, Tween Shopping Tour, Women's Shopping Tour (Sizes 14+), and Fifth Avenue Fashion Tour. Do you want something with more individualized attention than these tours? Seek also offers a full range of private shopping and sightseeing tours, starting at just $180 for a two-hour tour.
What to Know Price: Public tours generally range from $35-40 depending on tour. Private tours start at $180 and include hotel pickup, choice of date, tour length, and transportation method, post-tour restaurant recommendation, and a tour itinerary customized for your travel group. How Long: Most tours last from 2 to 3.5 hours.Who Can Come: Anyone who is up for shopping until they drop! They have special tours for many different age groups, like family shopping tours that are ideal for those visiting with children 13 and under, or teens & tweens tours that cater to girls ages 10-17.