Shakespeare in the Park NYC
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Central
Restaurants in New York City
Shakespeare in the Park NYC Summary
Event Overview: One of New York City's most popular traditions, Shakespeare in the Park NYC at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park brings out some of the most high-profile actors in the country to take a shot at Shakespeare. Running for three weeks through July and early August, Shakespeare in the Park NYC is one of the most exclusive events in New York City.
What to Expect: Expect a first-class production, famous actors, and an extremely long line at the box office for Shakespeare Central Park. This free NYC event brings out hardcore theater enthusiasts that will wait well over 10 hours or more for a free ticket to Shakespeare in the Park.
- Shakespeare at its Finest: Shakespeare in the Park NYC is notorious for putting on world-class productions from the Delacorte Theater in Central Park. 2010 featured two classic Shakespeare plays - The Winter's Tale and The Merchant of Venice - that both earned rave reviews. 2012 features As You Like It by Shakespeare and Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine.
- Beautiful Summer Evening: Spend a Midsummer Night's Dream in beautiful Manhattan when you get tickets to Shakespeare Central Park. Even when that isn't the featured play of the year!
- Famous Faces: Several high-profile actors have performed in Shakespeare in the Park NYC productions, including Al Pacino, Merryl Streep and Anne Hathaway, along with other familiar faces you'll recognize from your favorite TV shows and movies.
Inside Knowledge: Tickets to the Central Park Shakespeare productions can be incredibly hard to get a hold of. If you wish to attend this popular NY event, make sure to get in the Delacorte Theater box office line no later than 5:30am for a chance at two FREE tickets. Tickets are distributed at 1pm and are first come, first serve - so expect to wait a while if you truly want to see a Shakespeare Central Park play.
- Check for Rain: Unfortunately, tickets for Shakespeare in the Park NYC are non-exchangable if the show is rained out. Check the weather ahead of time so that you don't stand several hours in line for nothing.
- Bring Bug Spray: Central Park in July can be a mosquito haven, especially with all the lights and crowds at the Shakespeare Festival NYC. Make sure to apply bug spray early and often throughout the night.
- No Cameras: Central Park Shakespeare at the Delacorte Theater has a strict no-cameras policy - just as you would expect with any first-class Broadway production.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Shakespeare in the Park NYC Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Shakespeare in the Park NYC
81st Street and Central Park West
New York, US
May 28,2013 - Aug 18,2013
Enjoy the Magic of Shakespeare for Free in Central Park
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Shakespeare in the Park NYC features a free Shakespeare show in the summer at the Delacorte Theater Central Park.
- It is recommended that theater enthusiasts hoping to attend Central Park Shakespeare arrive at the Delacorte Theater Box Office no later than 5:30am.
- Shakespeare Central Park is put on each year by NYC's Public Theater, and this NYC tradition began in 1954.
- Shakespeare in the Park has attracted famous actors like Al Pacino, Merryl Streep and Anne Hathaway.
81st St (B, C)