Shopping in Lower East Side
Featured Lower East Side Stores
Find the best in luggage, bags and briefcases at Altman Luggage. Known for great prices and high quality luggage, it is no wonder that Altman Luggage has been serving customers since 1920.
Additional Lower East Side Stores
- Adrienne's, 155 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Altman Luggage, 135 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Bluestockings Radical Books, 172 Allen St , New York , NY 10002
- Clarabella, 279 E. Houston St., New York, NY 10002
- Foley & Corinna, 114 Stanton St, New York, NY 10002
- Frock LLC, 148 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Marmalade, 172 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002
- Mooshoes Inc, 78 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Reed Space, 151 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Rivington Street Guitars, 125 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002
- shop, 94 Orchard Street, New York, NY 10002
- TG 170, 170 Ludlow St # 1, New York, NY 10002
- Tahir Boutique, 75 Orchard St # 1, New York, NY 10002
- Zarin Fabric Warehouse and Home Furnishings, 314 Grand St, New York, NY 10002
Lower east Side Map
Transportation Rates in New York City
Attractions in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
*Terms & Conditions: Offers, promotions and rates subject to change and may vary based upon date, length of stay and other factors. Some offers do not include taxes and fees. All offers based on availability and are subject to change without notice.
Shopping in Lower East Side NYC
When looking for the best NYC shopping, you must visit the Lower East Side in Manhattan. This neighborhood is historically known for having great NYC deals on clothing, shoes, and accessories. The shops along Orchard Street in the Lower East Side offer cheap New York shopping, while still selling high quality items. Since the Lower East Side is a predominantly Jewish community, it is best not to plan a Lower East Side shopping trip on a Saturday, when most shop owners are observing the Sabbath.
Whether you're looking for clothing and custom-made shoes or household items and linens, the Lower East Side is a favorite NYC shopping stop for locals and visitors to get great deals in New York. Before you head out to do some New York shopping, take a look at the shopping guide we've assembled to make Lower East Side shopping easy to navigate.
Accessories Shopping in Lower East Side NYC
Whether you're looking for a great pair of shoes for your dinner at a top NYC restaurant or want an accessory to take home, check out these Lower East Side shops to get a distinctive item.
- BAG: This quintessential Orchard Street shop offers great prices on leather handbags and wallets. In addition to its wide range of leather brands, BAG manufactures its own line of leather goods. Stop in to get a beautiful wallet and do some cheap NYC shopping.
- Ben Freedman Gent's Furnishings: A family-owned business that has been in the Lower East Side for 81 years, Ben Freedman Gent's Furnishings offers men's accessories. Get a great New York deal when you shop at this affordable Lower East Side shop.
- Cellini Uomo: Specializing in exotic goods, Cellini Uomo delivers limited edition sneakers, impeccably-produced leather jackets, and custom-made shoes. If you're looking to treat yourself to your new favorite pair of shoes, check out Cellini Uomo in NYC.
With all this shopping, you may need a new handbag or piece of luggage to take everything home. Click here to check out NYC luggage and handbag stores.
Green Shopping in Lower East Side NYC
Go green while you spend some green! Check out these environmentally-friendly shops in NYC.
- Kaight: This Lower East Side boutique stocks only the most-fashionable green designers from the US and the UK. Their clothing is so well-made and chic that other people won't know you're wearing something from an NYC eco-boutique.
- Skunkfunk: Another great find on Orchard Street, Skunkfunk is a Spanish brand that delivers unique clothes and accessories crafted from eco-friendly fabrics. With only two shops in the United States, Skunkfunk is a must-visit when shopping in New York.
- Moo Shoes: As a vegan-owned shoes and accessories boutique, Moo Shoes boasts animal-friendly items that will make you look chic and sophisticated, while keeping your conscience clear.
Shopping for Gifts in Lower East Side NYC
If you need to bring back a gift for the unlucky people who didn't get to enjoy NYC shopping, stop into one of these Lower East side shops to get them something unique.
- Bluestockings Books: A radical book shop on Allen Street, Bluestockings Books sells books on controversial subjects such as gender issues, global capitalism, feminism, and black liberation. Doubling as an activist center, visit this Lower East Side shop to perhaps see some performances and discussions.
- Maraya: The perfect shop to buy gifts for cigar-lovers that you know! Maraya offers a wide selection of hand-made cigars. Reserve a spot at Maraya for a business meeting or small gathering.
- mastihashop: Taking its name from all-natural chewing gum, mastihashop offers gourmet foods and food accessories as well as all-natural cosmetics. Stop by this top NYC shop to pick up a gift of spices or lotion for someone at home.
Looking for other NYC gift stores? Check out these NYC gift and souvenir shops.
Music-Inspired Shopping in Lower East Side NYC
For the music-loving shopper, these Lower East Side stores will have the perfect addition to your wardrobe or bedroom wall.
- Any Old Iron: A UK company, Any Old Iron, offers men's and women's clothing and accessories inspired by music legends. If you're a music lover or know someone who is, Any Old Iron is a great place to grab a unique shirt.
- Ted's Fine Clothing: With the most extensive collection of Rock n' Roll shirts and posters in New York, Ted's Fine Clothing has every band you could want; from metal to rock to pop, buy a shirt for anyone (infants, children, men, and women!).
To grab some music to go with those new music-inspired clothes, visit some top NYC music shops.