Spider-Man Turn off the Dark
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Spider-Man Turn off the Dark Information
Show Quick Facts
- Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark features music from U2's Bono and The Edge.
- The Spiderman Broadway Musical cost over $70 million to produce.
- Massive LCD screens on stage are used as set pieces in Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark, as well as a number of 3-D sets.
- Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark featured more preview performances than any other show on Broadway.
Jan. 11, 2011 - Ongoing
213 W 42nd St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
2.5 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Spider-Man Turn off the Dark Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Spider-Man Turn off the Dark
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark Brings the Famous Superhero to the Broadway Stage
Features: A high-flying musical adventure unlike anything else on Broadway, Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark is the most expensive Broadway musical of all time. Featuring complicated aerial acrobatics, astounding sets, and music by U2's Bono and The Edge, Spiderman on Broadway is a Broadway spectacle that must be seen to be believed.
Why We Go: You've never seen a Broadway show like Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark. This Broadway rock opera cost more than $70 million and took over five years to create, and the result is a Broadway musical that soars above the crowd and around the Foxwoods Theatre in Manhattan.
- Spider-Man Acrobatics: What's a Spiderman Broadway Musical without flying? This epic Broadway production features high-flying acrobatics from Spidey, as well as his arch-enemy the Green Goblin.
- Re-Imagined: Originally directed by Broadway veteran Julie Taymor, Spiderman on Broadway has been completely re-imagined following complications during preview performances. The new version of the musical stays closer to its comic book roots.
- Music by Bono and The Edge: Spiderman on Broadway features original music from Bono and The Edge of U2.
Inside Knowledge: Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark is estimated to be the most expensive Broadway production of all time, and its operating cost per week is nearly $1 million. In fact, in 2009 it had the "dark" turned off on itself when it ran out of money. However, new producer Michael Cohl was able to raise the necessary funds to get this Spiderman musical back into production.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Enjoy the Choreography: While the hype surrounding Spiderman on Broadway mostly has to do with the special effects, this Broadway musical features some of the most impressive choreography of any Broadway show.
- Do Bring the Family: The entire family -including young Spider-Man fans - will be amazed by Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.
- Don't Worry if You're Not a Spidey Fan: Even if you're not a huge fan of the web-slinging Spider-Man, you'll enjoy this new take on one of the world's most popular superheroes.
- Don't Forget to Look Up: Much of the entertainment featured in the Spiderman Broadway Musical takes place above the audience, with its brave actors zipping around the Foxwoods Theatre at surprisingly fast speeds.