*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Rumsey Playfield
Restaurants near Rumsey Playfield
SummerStage NYC Summary
Event Overview: The annual Central Park SummerStage NYC has delighted music lovers with its free outdoor summer concerts for 26 years. SummerStage NYC 2012 will feature performances by Talib Kweli, Foster the People, Das Racist, Deer Tick, Alabama Shakes, Childish Gambino, Schoolboy Q, Norah Jones, Young the Giant, M83 and dozens of other artists!
What to Expect: SummerStage NYC is well-known for its quality music and its relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Expect a communal experience.
- Crowds: Admission is free to most events at Central Park SummerStage, so you can expect crowds and lines. We recommend arriving early to reserve a good spot by the stage. Bring a blanket if you'd like, but be aware that those close to the stage often stand, potentially obstructing your view.
- Intimacy: The Rumsey Playfield, where Central Park SummerStage is held, is a small venue, so expect an intimate experience. Performers often interact with those in the audience, sometimes telling jokes or relating anecdotes. You might even strike up a conversation with a likeminded music lover, as SummerStage NYC has a great community vibe.
Inside Knowledge: Since 1986, SummerStage NYC has presented a total of 2,079 performances at 950 events to over 3.26 million people. This festival, which as of 2010 features dance, film, and theatre performances in addition to quality music, is one of the most cherished summer festivals in New York. SummerStage NYC is organized by the City Parks Foundation, the only independent, nonprofit organization to offer park programs throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
- Arrive Early: Because admission to Central Park SummerStage is free, the best viewing points are often reserved well before the start of the show. Be sure to arrive early to claim a good bleacher seat or a place close to the stage.
- Bring a Date: An excellent place for a date, SummerStage NYC features a wide grassy area where you can sit down on a blanket with a bottle of wine and listen to music under the stars. Leave your own wine at home (beverages can be purchased at the venue), but don't forget the blanket.
- Skip the Lines: Hoping to avoid the crowds? Try sitting on the grass outside the venue, where you can enjoy eating and chatting with friends. SummerStage NYC makes use of a quality sound system, so your enjoyment of the concert won't be diminished.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
100.0% recommended it
SummerStage NYC Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
69th St. & Fifth Ave
New York, US
Jun 05,2012 - Aug 30,2012
Beer, Wine, and Free Concerts at SummerStage NYC
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- SummerStage NYC is held at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park.
- Beer and wine are available at NYC SummerStage.
- Gates for SummerStage NYC open 60 minutes prior to listed start times unless otherwise noted.
72nd St (1, 2, 3, 9, B, C)