*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Tanoreen Brooklyn Summary
Tanoreen Brooklyn Information
Restaurant Quick Facts
- Tanoreen Restaurant is located in the Bay Ridge neighborhood of Brooklyn, NYC.
- Reservations are not required at Tanoreen Restaurant, but highly recommended.
- In 2011, Tanoreen NYC was awarded the Michelin Guide's Bib Gourmand Award for good value.
Restaurant Website: http://www.tanoreen.com/
7523 Third Avenue
New York, NY 11209
77th St (R)
Hours of Operation:
Tue.-Fri. 12pm-10:30pm, Sat. 10:30am-10:30pm, Sun. 10:30am-10pm
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Tanoreen Brooklyn Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the restaurant, but category representations. Visit the restaurant's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Award-Winning Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Cuisine at Tanoreen Brooklyn
Cost of one meal
$ - $10 and under
$$ - $11-30
$$$ - $31-60
$$$$- $60 and above
Features: Tanoreen Brooklyn is a Middle Eastern restaurant in NYC that showcases the unique culinary talents of Chef/Owner Rawia Bishara. Opened in 1998, this popular Brooklyn restaurant was an immediate critical success, despite Chef Bishara's lack of formal training. Menu items at Tanoreen Brooklyn include red snapper, shish kabob sandwich, falafel sandwich, and chicken kabob.
Why We Dine: Far removed from the chaotic bustle of Manhattan, Tanoreen Brooklyn offers outstanding Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cuisine for a reasonable price. This Middle Eastern restaurant in NY is one of the best-kept secrets of New York City.
- Awards: Tanoreen Brooklyn has won numerous awards, including the 2011 Michelin Guide's Bib Gourmand Award for good value. Tanoreen Brooklyn was also declared "Best in Category: Middle Eastern" by the Zagat Restaurant Survey.
- Cheap Eats: Unlike most popular restaurants in NYC, Tanoreen Brooklyn won't make you feel guilty for spending unnecessarily. With sandwiches beginning at just $5 and full entrees at $16, this famous NYC restaurant is guaranteed to fill your stomach without emptying your wallet. Half-portions of grilled entrees are available for lunch.
- Cocktails: Like any good NYC restaurant, Tanoreen Brooklyn offers a wide selection of delicious NY cocktails. Choices include the Nazareth Sunrise, an unforgettable mix of pear vodka, fresh orange, and rose flower, and the Creme D'Arak, a decadent combination of Arak, Irish cream, and Kahlua.
Inside Knowledge: Chef Rawia Bishara opened Tanoreen Restaurant in 1998 as a tribute to her mother's rich culinary heritage. In 2006, Chef Bishara's daughter, Jumana, joined the Tanoreen Restaurant team as co-owner and general manager, continuing the family legacy.
- Chicken Sandwich: One of the best menu items at Tanoreen Brooklyn is Chef Rawia's chicken sandwich. A delightful variation on chicken schwarma, this sandwich is composed of shredded chicken breast, peppers, saffron, and Tanoreen spices, with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and tahini sauce.
- Tanoreentini: Looking for a refreshing drink to go with your meal? Tanoreen Restaurant has got you covered! We recommend the Tanoreentini, a flavorful mix of red grapefruit vodka, mint, lemon, orange blossom, and rose.
- Birthday Specials
- Business Dining
- Famous Chef
- Chef's Specials
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Easy Parking
- Fresh Food
- Full Bar
- Kid Friendly
- Romantic Dining
- Small Atmosphere
- Take-Out Available
- Tapas/Small Plates
- Wine Bar
- Wheelchair Access