Tartan Day Parade
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels the Parade Route
Restaurants near the Parade Route
Tartan Day Parade Summary
Event Overview: The Tartan Day Parade in NYC celebrates this lesser-known Scottish holiday in Manhattan. Bringing out more than 2,000 participants and nearly 700 bagpipers, the Tartan Day Parade NYC marks the anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320, which is the famous declaration of Scottish Independence.
What to Expect: Nobody does parades like NYC, and the Tartan Day Parade is certainly no exception. Featuring dozens of floats, hundreds of talented Scottish musicians, and more kilts with Tartan print than you can count, the Tartan Day Parade NYC is a popular event in New York City.
- Traditional Scottish Music: For one day every year, 6th Avenue in Manhattan is filled with the sweet sounds of traditional Scottish bagpipes. While NYC national Tartan Day is April 6, the Tartan Day Parade usually takes place the following Saturday.
- Tartan Kilts: The Tartan Day Parade is named after the traditional pattern featured on Scottish kilts. The name of this Scottish-American holiday derives from the repeal of the Dress Act of 1746, which temporarily banned the proud Scottish war pattern until the law was overturned in 1782. Expect several thousand of these traditional Scottish uniforms at the Tartan Day NYC Parade.
Inside Knowledge: The NY Tartan Day Parade begins at 2pm on W. 45th St and 6th Ave, and travels ten blocks down the streets of Manhattan. For NYC tourists hoping to participate in this famous NYC parade, Tartan Day NYC registration is free and can be found online in advance of Tartan Day NYC.
- Arrive Early for a Front Row View: While there isn't a bad view on 6th Ave during the NY Tartan Day Parade, we recommend you arrive early to enjoy a front-row view of the action in Manhattan.
- Enjoy the After Party at Stout NYC: At the conclusion of the NY Tartan Day Parade in Manhattan, the nearby Irish Brew Pub, Stout NYC, hosts an epic after party that continues well into the evening. Tickets for this exclusive NYC event can be found online.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Tartan Day Parade Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Tartan Day Parade
NYC Parade Celebrates the Scottish-American Holiday
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Tartan Day Parade begins on W 45th St in Manhattan, and travels down 6th Ave NYC.
- Tartan Day NYC is April 6, with the NY Tartan Day Parade taking place the nearest Saturday.
- The Tartan Day Parade celebrates Scottish heritage in America, and features more than 700 bagpipers every year.
61st St (7)