The Belmont Stakes
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
The Belmont Stakes Summary
Event Overview: The prestigious final leg of the Triple Crown, the Belmont Stakes, has played host to some of the most memorable moments in horse racing of all time. This legendary 1.5-mile dirt track race attracts the the best race horses in the world, and is one of the top five attended horse racing events annually.
What to Expect: Feeling lucky? Put your money where your mouth is at the Belmont Stakes race in Elmont, NY. Featuring several races spread over an entire afternoon - culminating with the Belmont Stakes Triple Crown finale - you'll have plenty of chances to win a nice piece of coin at this family-friendly NYC event.
- High Stakes: With a $1 million purse at stake for the winner of the Belmont Stakes race, this annual NY event often brings out the best - and the worst - in horse racing competition.
- Fast Horses: Thoroughbred race horses need to be seen in person to believed, and the Belmont Stakes attracts the very best from around the globe.
Inside Knowledge: Never gambled, but want to give it a shot at the Belmont Stakes? Never fear. Programs are available at the entrance that tell you the difference between a "Trifecta" and a "Superfecta." They'll even tell you which horse is favored at the Belmont Race, or who the longshot with best chance is. So throw down a couple bucks and add a little drama to your Belmont Stakes experience.
- Bring Your Own Food: The Belmont Stakes allows fans to bring in their own coolers, and outside food is allowed at Belmont Park. (Outside alcohol is not permitted.)
- Know Your History: The Belmont is the oldest leg of the Triple Crown, having began in 1867. The famous horse Secretariat holds the track record, running a blistering 2:24:00 and winning the 1973 Belmont Stakes by a remarkable 31 lengths.
- Study the Program: Most visitors to The Belmont have no idea going in who they will place bets on - that's what the program is for. Study this cheat sheet and get a good idea of which horses you want to put your money behind.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
The Belmont Stakes Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
The Belmont Stakes
2150 Hempstead Tpke
New York, US
$10 - $20
Legendary Triple Crown Race at Belmont Park NY
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The first Belmont Stakes race was run in 1867, and was won by Ruthless.
- The Belmont is the third and final leg of the Triple Crown of horse racing.
- Affirmed won the Belmont Stakes in 1978 to earn the Triple Crown - no horse has done it since.
Long Island Railroad (One day only from Manhattan, Brooklyn and Jamaica)