The Big Swim
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the Big Swim
Restaurants near the Big Swim
The Big Swim Summary
Event Overview: Give your kids the thrill of swimming with real Olympic athletes at The Big Swim NYC in April. Free for swimmers aged 6- 16 (though small donations are appreciated), the NYC Big Swim is a fun day of races for all swimming levels, and also features an Olympic exhibition with Gold Medal-winning swimmers from the U.S. and Canada.
What to Expect: The Big Swim NYC is organized by the Asphalt Green Swim Team, and features some of the most impressive relay swimmers, divers, and synchronized swimmers in the world.
- Fun in the Pool: The Asphalt Green Swim is great for swimmers of all levels, so whether your children are advanced sharks or just little minnows, they're sure to have a blast at The Big Swim in New York City.
- Olympic Swimmers: Enjoy an Olympic Swimming exhibition featuring divers, synchronized swimmers, and relay racers from the American and Canadian teams. Also, there is a relay race at the Asphalt Green Swim in which Olympians and kids swim together, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for young swimmers in NYC.
Inside Knowledge: The Big Swim allows young swimmers free access to this NYC charity event - however, swimmers must be registered in advance. The deadline for the NYC Big Swim usually ends ten days before the NYC event, but we recommend registering online well in advance if you're child wishes to participate in The Big Swim New York.
- Make a Donation: While the Asphalt Green Big Swim is a free event, this non-profit organization suggests donations of $10 per family so that they can put this family-friendly NYC event on annually. If you can, make sure to help out this excellent organization in New York City.
- Stay for Lunch: Swimmers at The Big Swim work up quite the appetite in the pool during this fun NYC event. Luckily, Asphalt Green hosts a delicious lunch for its participants after the races.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
The Big Swim Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
The Big Swim
Asphal Green Swimming Complex
555 E. 90th St
New York, US
$0 - $10
Olympic Athletes and Young Swimmers Come Together at The Big Swim
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Big Swim in NYC hosts an Olympic swimming exhibition with some of the best swimmers on the U.S. and Canadian Olympic teams.
- The Big Swim is organized by the Asphalt Green non-profit organization, and offers a free day of races for swimmers 6- 16 of all abilities.
- Each child that participates in the Asphalt Green Big Swim receives a T-shirt and medal.
86th St-Lexington Ave (4, 5, 6)