The Nutcracker Ballet
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the David H. Koch Teather
Restaurants near the David H. Koch Teather
The Nutcracker Ballet Summary
Event Overview: The Nutcracker NYC is a New York City tradition that has taken place at the David H Koch Theater, formerly known as the New York State Theater, since 1954. It has become a staple to the holiday celebrations that take place in New York City, and is widely known as the inspiration for many other performances of the Nutcracker Ballet during the holiday season.
What to Expect: The Nutcracker NYC is an annual event that has children on stage and is known as one of the best holiday events to bring your kids to.
- Choregraphy: The choreography for the Nutcracker New York was originally done by George Balanchine in 1954. It has since become trademarked as George Balanchine's Nutracker, and has become one of the most famous renditions for the ballet.
- Kid-Friendly: The Nutcracker Ballet is also a memorable experience for children. It is a great time to dress them up in some nice attire, and for many it will be one of their most magical Christmas memories.
- Production Value: Expect a show that combined beautiful dances and exquisite costumes along with incredible music and you get the high-level production value of this timeless annual holiday event in New York.
Inside Knowledge: The Nutcracker NYC first began in 1954. It has since become an annual holiday event in New York, and has also been intimidated or performed using the original choreography from George Balanchine since then. The success of this wildly popular ballet also led to a movie in 1993 based on the Balanchine choreography.
- Don't Bring Children Under 5: It is recommended by the staff of the Nutcracker NYC that parents do not bring children under the age of 5 as younger kids get restless during the long performance. The ticket price is also the same for a child no matter the age.
- Sit in the Orchestra Seating with Kids: While the orchestra seating is very expensive, it is also the best place to bring children that are a little older. They may be able to interact with the performers, and there is more room for them to move around if they get restless.
- Dress Nice: While there is no enforced dress code, parents are encouraged to even dress their children in nice attire, as it is a ballet and there is a chance for them to get a picture with the performers later on.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
The Nutcracker Ballet Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
The Nutcracker Ballet
David H. Koch Teather
20 Lincoln Center Plz
New York, US
Nov 29,2013 - Jan 04,2014
$61 - $260
The Nutcracker Ballet is George Balanchine's famous annual holiday tradition
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Nutcracker New York was first shown in 1954
- The Nutcracker NYC is an annual show at the David H Kock Theater (formerly known as the New York State Theater)
- Original choregraphy by George Balanchine
59th St-Columbus Circle (1, A, C, B, D); 57th St-7th Ave (N, Q, R, W)