*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
The Pillowman Information
Show Quick Facts
- The Pillowman Broadway was nominated for six Tony Awards in 2005.
- Director Martin McDonagh went on to write the Academy Award-nominated 2008 movie, In Bruges.
- The Pillowman starred Billy Crudup and Jeff Goldblum.
April 10, 2005- Sep. 18th, 2005
222 West 45th St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
The Pillowman Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Popular Dark Comedy Played in the Booth Theatre in 2005
Features: The Pillowman Broadway was an award-winning 2005 dark comedy at the Booth Theatre starring Hollywood stars Billy Crudup and Jeff Goldblum. This Broadway play written by Martin McDonagh was set mostly in an interrogation room in a fictional Totalitarian Eastern-European state, and follows the story of how one author's gruesome stories may have inspired his brother to act them out.
Why We Go: Audiences showed up to The Pillowman Broadway in droves, based mostly on the play's great reviews and word of mouth. The Pillowman on Broadway was one of few profitable Broadway plays in 2005, and the NYC play was the winner of two Tony Awards.
- Famous Actors: The Pillowman on Broadway was fortunate enough to book famous Hollywood stars like Jeff Goldblum and Billy Crudup. Broadway is often a chance for talented actors looking to show their skills on the world's most prestigious stage, and The Pillowman Broadway was no exception.
- Interesting Story: The Pillowman play challenged audiences to solve the puzzle of this Broadway play about child murders, psychology and the art of story-telling - all while attempting to keep a straight face when it came to some truly dark jokes.
Inside Knowledge: The Pillowman Broadway was nominated for six 2005 Tony Awards, including Best Play and Best Actor. This Broadway comedy took home two production awards that evening.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Laugh Uncomfortably: The Pillowman Broadway had audiences and critics laughing uncomfortably at its sadistic humor, a staple of the black comedy plays written by Martin McDonagh.
- Don't Miss McDonagh's Films: Playwright Martin McDonagh won an Oscar for his 2005 short film, "Six Shooter," and his 2008 feature length debut, "In Bruges," also won him an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Screenplay. Mr. McDonagh is not to be missed on - or off - the Broadway stage.