Explore the wonders of New York!
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
The View Information
The View Info
When to Go:
- Children under 16 are not admitted to the live taping of the View Show.
The View Quick Facts
- ABC The View is filmed in the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
- ABC The View is taped weekdays between 11am and 12pm.
- ABC The View first aired on August 11, 1997.
320 West 66th Street
New York, US
The View tapes live Mon.-Thurs. from 11am-12pm EST. Ticket holders should arrive at the studio, at 320 West 66th Street, by 9:30am. This is imporant, as ticket distribution may be in excess of studio capacity, and the studio operates on a first come, first served basis. Tickets are mailed three weeks prior to the taping date. As of 2011, there is a 12- to 24-month wait for tickets. Note that if you do not have tickets, you may still try your luck in The View standby line. To attend a live taping of The View, you must be at least 16 years of age. To request tickets, complete a request form on The View website.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
The View Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Transportation Nearby The View
The View Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
in Midtown West
A premier Boutique Hotel and Timeshare in Midtown Manhattan offering guests plenty of amenities in all of its luxurious suites including kitchenettes and additional sofa beds. Guests also enjoy spacious bathrooms and fitness center. Deals and Packages available.
Rates starting at$254* Details
in Upper West Side
Reserve a room at the Morningside Inn NYC to get a cozy room at a cheap rate. Located in Manhattan's Upper West Side (near Columbia University and Central Park), this cheap NYC hotel offers great room rates that will please even the most frugal New York City traveler.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Doubletree Suites Times Sq
in Times Square
As the only All-Suites hotel on Broadway in Times Square, the full service Doubletree Suites Times Square has been newly renovated with 460 two-room guest suites, brand new lobby and restaurant, Fitness Center and more. Walk to tours, NYC restaurants and shopping, or hop on the Subway for ...
Rates starting at$529* Details
in Times Square
A luxury hotel located in the heart of Times Square with boutique comforts like plush beds, free Wi-Fi, and Gleason's Tavern - a fun hot spot for happy hour.
Rates starting at$149* Details
The London NYC
in Midtown West
The London NYC Hotel offers a world-class fine dining experience from celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, expansive hotel suites with stunning Central Park and city views, and a unique afternoon tea experience at The London Bar.
Rates starting at$549* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Warm Conversation and Passionate Debates on The View
Upper West Side
This tour is FREE!
Features: The View is an Emmy Award-winning daytime talk show that airs daily on ABC. On the show, hosts Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck discuss everything from celebrities to current events, sometimes interviewing popular public figures. It is filmed on weekdays before a live studio audience in the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
Why We Go: The View is a talk show lover's talk show. Topics are as diverse as the five hosts of the show and range from social and political issues to tabloid headlines and celebrity news.
- Awards: The View won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show in 2003, and has been nominated for the award almost every year since its debut. The show also won the 2009 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Talk Show Hosts (again, after a dozen nominations), as well as the NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Talk Show.
- Passionate Debates: In recent years, The View has become known for the passionate, sometimes hostile, debates between the five co-hosts, especially between the left-leaning Behar and Goldberg and the right-leaning Hasselbeck. The show is, in many ways, an anomaly: just as it unites viewers with discussions of day-to-day issues, the show divides viewers with its political debates and well-documented feuds.
- Lively Banter: While the show is known mostly for its political debates, The View is also known for the banter of hosts Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd, and Elisabeth Hasselbeck. Their conversations often deal with subjects of specific interest to women.
Inside Knowledge: The View first aired on ABC on August 11, 1997. Originally hosted by Meredith Vieira, Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Star Jones, and Debbie Matenopoulos, the show now features only two of its founding members (and Walters's appearances are sporadic).
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Show Up Early: The studio begins admitting ticket holders at 9:30am sharp. Be sure to arrive early to the live taping of The View, as seating is provided on a first come, first served basis, and ticket distribution may be in excess of studio capacity.
- Do Request Tickets in Advance: There's a one- to two-year wait for tickets to The View, so be sure to request your tickets well in advance. Also, be sure to request tickets for only a single date, as multiple requests will cancel your application. Those who don't want to wait the twelve to twenty four months may try their luck in the standby line, which gives out same-day tickets on a first come, first served basis (plan on getting there early, around 7am).
- Don't Forget a Sweater: The studio at The View is heavily air conditioned. If you get cold easily, be sure to bring a sweater or a jacket with you to the live taping of The View.
- Don't Bring the Kids: Children under 16 are not admitted to the live taping of The View. We recommend you leave the kids at home or arrange to have them stay with a friend.