Time Stands Still
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Time Stands Still Information
Show Quick Facts
- Time Stands Still Broadway was written by Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Donald Marguiles, who also penned the popular NY show Dinner With Friends.
- Time Stands Still NYC marks the Broadway debut of Christina Ricci.
- Laura Linney was nominated for a 2010 Tony Award for her portrayal of an injured photographer who has returned to NYC after covering the Iraq war, making it her third such nomination.
Oct. 2010 - Jan. 30, 2011
W 48t St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Time Stands Still Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Time Stands Still
Do you agree? Write your own review!
The Pain of War Shapes the Future of One Couple in Time Stands Still
Features: The story of a journalist couple who have returned home after traumatic stints in Iraq, Time Stands Still was written by the Pulitzer-Prize Winner Donald Marguiles, and stars Laura Linney, Brian D'Arcy James, Eric Bogosian and Christina Ricci.
Why We Go: This critically-acclaimed play is one of the first Broadway productions to deal with the personal consequences of the war in Iraq. Time Stands Still NYC features Linney as a severely injured photographer who has returned home to NYC with her long-time boyfriend, and details their struggle of how exactly to move forward after war.
- The Actors: The star-studded cast of Time Stands Still Broadway bring their tremendous talents to an already impressive script, making it a must-see for theater-lovers in New York.
- Current Events Relevance: Time Stands Still Broadway is one of few Broadway plays to deal with such a contemporary event like that of the war in Iraq. The play uses its four characters to describe varying viewpoints and perspectives of modern wartime in America.
Inside Knowledge: Time Stands Still marks the Broadway debut of the famous actress Christina Ricci, who replaced another famous actress - Alicia Silverstone - for the second run of this well-reviewed Broadway drama.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Enjoy the Performances: Seeing Laura Linney on Broadway is true theatrical magic, and the rest of the cast shines in this minimalist NY play.
- Do Prepare to Be Challenged: Time Stands Still Broadway is a thought-provoking play that deals with recent issues, and entertains varying viewpoints you may not always agree with. We recommend bringing an open mind to Time Stands Still NYC.
- Don't Miss the Meet and Greet: On most nights, the cast of Time Stands Still Broadway are happy to talk with theater fans outside the exit of the Cort Theater NYC.
- Don't Bring the Kids: The mature storyline and situations in Time Stands Still NYC make popular NY drama inappropriate for kids under 13.