NY Toy Stores
FAO Schwarz - famous for its life-sized stuffed animals and kid-sized sportscars - will bring hours of fun for shoppers young and old.
When you think of toy stores in Manhattan, the first place that comes to mind is the famous FAO Schwarz toy store in NYC. This kid friendly attraction in NYC is home to one of the largest toy collections in New York City, and has been a staple of Fifth Avenue for nearly 150 years!
Kids in NYC can enjoy free NY events regularly at FAO Schwarz, which include NYC arts and crafts fairs, and their famous giant piano dancers. Also, their huge collection of new and vintage toys make this NYC store one of the most popular kid attractions in NYC!
Click here for more information on shopping in New York City.
Want more fun things to do in New York City with kids? Scroll below!
NY Museums for Kids in New York City
New York museums are an educational and cheap NY attraction popular with kids in NYC. NYC is home to some of the most famous museums in the world, all of which offer something your kids are sure to love. Check out some of the best museums in NYC below!
For kids, the dinosaur exhibit has been recently renovated and is both exciting and interactive at the American Museum of Natural History
- American Museum of Natural History: This famous NYC museum is one of the biggest and most popular museums in New York City. Featuring everything from giant dinosaur fossils to ancient artifacts from around the world, the American Museum of Natural History is a must-see New York attraction for kids in NYC.
- Intrepid Sea Air Space Museum: This interactive NYC museum allows kids in NYC to explore the inside of a real NAVY submarine. Located on Pier 86 in NYC, the Intrepid NY museum for kids also features a space shuttle exhibit and fun, hands-on simulators.
- Children's Museum of the Arts: This NY museum is for the youngest kids in NYC, and features great NY art workshops and galleries made exclusively by kids in New York City.
Click here for the complete list of museums in NYC.
Bronx Zoo and Central Park Zoo in NYC
Central Park Zoo is perfect for kids of all ages to spend an hour or two
NYC is home to a pair of famous zoos that kids in NYC will have a blast exploring. These cheap NYC attractions for kids are a great way to spend an afternoon in New York City.
- Bronx Zoo: The Bronx Zoo in New York City is the largest and most famous zoo in NYC. Featuring more than 4,000 animals from all corners of the globe, the Bronx Zoo is one of the best things to do with your kids in NYC!
- Central Park Zoo: While not as big as the Bronx Zoo, this famous zoo in Central Park has its own collection of exciting kids attractions in NYC. Check out polar bears, penguins, and rainforest creatures at the Central Park Zoo for kids in New York City.
NYC is full of great hotels and many of them are specifically geared toward being kid friendly! Check out our full list of NYC hotels to choose a place to stay in New York that will be close to your family friendly things to do and will be a good fit for you and the kids.