Tribeca Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Restaurants near the Tribeca Film Festival
Tribeca Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: Co-founded in 2002 by Robert De Niro, the Tribeca Film Festival has quickly become one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world. Featuring over 250 films and more than 1,000 screenings around Manhattan, the Tribeca Cinema Festival includes premieres of some of the most important movies of the year, as well as other activities, programs, and family-friendly events in NYC.
What to Expect: Expect great films, interesting panel discussions, and some of Hollywood's biggest stars at the Tribeca Film Festival. Movie-goers get to enjoy exclusive access to some of the hottest films of the year when they attend the Tribeca Festival of Film in New York.
- Small Films: Small, independent films enter the Tribeca Film Festival NYC in hopes of picking up a big-time movie distributor, many of which turn out to be some of the best movies of the year.
- Blockbusters: The Tribeca Cinema Festival also hosts blockbuster premieres guaranteed to draw big crowds. Past premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival include Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones and Spiderman 3.
- Free Family Events: While many films at the Tribeca Cinema Festival are for adults, this family-friendly NYC attraction also offers plenty of programs for kids. The Film Festival Tribeca Drive-In Series at the World Financial Center Plaza NYC features several free screenings throughout the festival, with programs and activities for kids before the show begins.
Inside Knowledge: Movie tickets to the Tribeca Festival of Film NYC go on sale at the beginning of March and can be found online. Tickets to the Tribeca Film Festival can also be found at the Tribeca Cinemas Ticket Window on Varick Street, as well as the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas in Manhattan.
- Reserve in Advance: Most film screenings at the Tribeca Film Festival NYC sell out, so not only is it highly recommended to reserve your tickets in advance, but we also suggest getting to your movie well before showtime to make sure you find a seat.
- Enjoy the Freebies: There are a number of free events featured at the Tribeca Cinema Festival in New York City. Free things to do include interesting industry panels discussing the future of the movie business, the Free Fabulous Picture Show screening on Greenwich Street, and the family-friendly Drive-In screenings at the Tribeca Festival of Film.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Tribeca Film Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Tribeca Film Festival
Apr 17,2013 - Apr 28,2013
$10 - $50
Prestigious Film Festival Features Over 1,000 Screenings Per Year
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Tribeca Film Festival was co-founded in 2002 by Robert De Niro.
- This prestigious film festival in NYC features more than 250 films and over 1,000 film screenings each year.
- Global and local competitions in several different categories at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Canal-Church Sts (A, C, E); Canal-Varick Sts (1)