USA Memory Championship
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the USA Memory Championship
Restaurants near the USA Memory Championship
USA Memory Championship Summary
Event Overview: Watch as some of the sharpest memories in the world battle wits at the USA Memory Championship in NYC. Performing unbelievable acts of memory during this one-day NYC event, the USA Memory Championship is unlike anything you've seen before.
What to Expect: Prepare to be amazed. The Memory Championships USA ask a lot from their contestants in a series of memory competitions, including . . .
- 200 Number Recall: In this event, Memory Championship USA Contestants are asked to look at a list of over 200 numbers in 25 different rows for five minutes. Then, they're given ten minutes to recall all 200 numbers. Yikes.
- Reciting a 50-Line Poem: Contestants are given an unpublished poem at the NY Memory Championship USA, and after 15 minutes, asked to recite the entire thing.
- Memorizing a Deck of Cards: 2009 USA Memory Championships Winner Ronnie White was able to memorize a full deck of cards in less than 1 minute 30 seconds.
Inside Knowledge: The Memory Championship USA are free for the public to attend. However, we recommend attending only the second half of the competition, in which the final eight contestants compete on the stage at the NYC Memory Championships Stage.
- Try the Techniques: After the competition, winning contestants at the NY Memory Championships explain to the audience their memorization techniques, which spectators can then take home and apply to their real lives. That is, if they remember to.
- Apply Early if You Want to Enter: The USA Memory Championship is a closed competition. If you wish to enter this popular NYC event, download an application online and send it in! 35 of the best applicants are chosen to participate in the NYC Memory Championships USA. Application deadline for this year's event is March 9, 2012.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
100.0% recommended it
USA Memory Championship Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
USA Memory Championship
Con Edison (between 14th St & 15th St)
4 Irving Place
New York, US
Free NYC Event Showcases the Best Memories in the Country
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The USA Memory Championships began in 1998.
- The USA Memory Championships test the country's best memories with a series of challenging memorization competitions.
- Winners of the Memory Championship USA move on to the world competition in China.
Union Square (4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, W)