Wicked the Musical
Wicked - Save Up to $45!
Promo Code: BOOK ONLINE
Tickets From $108 a night! Purchase tickets for Wicked NOW and save! Use this link to find the best available rates online for this Tony Award-winning Broadway Musical.
Wicked the Musical
- Fully Refundable
- Offer expires in 94 days
- Email to a friend
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Wicked the Musical Information
Show Quick Facts
- Wicked the Musical is based on the best-selling 1995 novel by Gregory Maguire.
- The Gershwin Theatre, where Wicked Broadway is performed, offers a lottery for cheap front-row seats.
- Discount seats with restricted views are available.
|NYC Shows (advertisements)|
Get Your Tickets Company
• Broadway Show Tickets
• New York Mets
• Phantom of the Opera
Oct. 2003 - Ongoing
Tues. 7pm, Weds. 2pm and 8pm, Thurs.-Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2pm and 8pm, Sun. 3pm.
2 hours 30 minutes
222 West 51st Street
New York, New York 10019
50th St-Broadway (1); 50th St-8th Ave (C, E); 7th Ave-53rd St (B, D, E)
Ages 4 and up
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 4 reviews
4.8 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Wicked the Musical Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Wicked the Musical
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Memorable Songs and Superb Performances in Wicked the Musical
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Adapted from the best-selling 1995 novel by Gregory Maguire, Wicked the Musical tells the heretofore untold story of Elphaba, better known as the Wicked Witch of the West, and her best friend Glinda the Good Witch. This massively popular Broadway production, which was first performed in October 2003, features music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz and a script by Winnie Holzman.
Why We Go: A Broadway and pop-culture phenomenon, Wicked the Musical has been performed nearly 3,000 times in its seven years of production and is sure to achieve classic status. Touching and funny but never maudlin or campy, Wicked Broadway features a stellar cast and unsurpassed production values. The "Defying Gravity" number, in particular, must be seen to be believed.
- Critical Acclaim: Critics have been quick to praise Wicked the Musical. Of its October 2003 debut, Time Magazine's Richard Zoglin said, "If every musical had a brain, a heart and the courage of Wicked, Broadway really would be a magical place." Elysa Gardner of USA Today agreed, calling it "the most complete, and completely satisfying, new musical I've come across in a long time."
- Awards: Since 2003, when it first opened, Wicked Broadway has been nominated for ten Tonys (it won three) and countless other prestigious awards, including Laurence Olivier and Drama Desk Awards.
- Kid Friendly: One of the best things about the Wicked Broadway Musical is that it appeals to both children and adults. Only very small children, those under eight years of age, will be frightened or bored by what's happening on stage.
Inside Knowledge: Devices for the hard-of-hearing are available free of charge in the Gershwin Theatre lobby. German, French, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish translation devices are also available.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: Kids 8 and up will enjoy the humor and enchanting special effects of Wicked the Musical just as much as adults. Note that children under 4 will not be admitted to the theater.
- Do Grab Fall Tickets: Because Wicked Broadway is so popular, it is often difficult to get ahold of tickets. We recommend trying weeknights in September and October. Alternatively, you might try participating in the Gershwin Theatre lottery, which offers fans the chance to win $26 front-row seats.
- Don't Overpay: Discounted seats are available for those who want desperately to see Wicked Broadway but can't afford the general admission prices. These partial-view Side Orchestra seats provide views of the main action but not the action at the back or side of the stage.
- Don't Miss the Concession Stand: Enhance the Wicked Broadway experience with a cold drink and T-shirt. Soft drinks, water, cocktails, candy, and merchandise are available in the Gershwin Theatre lobby.